If you notice an error on this page, please use the "Suggest an Update" link to let us know about it.
Translate this page?
Dental care and free, low cost, emergency and special needs dental services, How to find
|Comments for the Public||This database also has records for: |
Income Programs and Financial Assistance
Affordable Housing and Financial Help for Rent or Utilities
Free and low cost legal help
|Located In Community||Burlington|
|Wheelchair Accessibility||Unknown or Not Applicable - Accessibility varies by location|
|Description||This record gives a general overview of how to find a dentist, hygienist or emergency dental services, as well as free and reduced-cost dental care, and provides an index to other dental-related records in this database |
TO FIND A DENTIST
See Ontario Dental Association website or Yellow Pages under "Dentists"
TO FIND A DENTAL HYGIENIST:
See College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario website or Yellow Pages under "Dental Hygienists"
SPECIAL NEEDS DENTISTRY:
See Mount Sinai Hospital's Dentistry Clinic for Persons with Special Needs
EMERGENCY DENTAL SERVICES
Telehealth Ontario provides advice and information over the phone
Burlington Dental Academy provides referral to 24-hour emergency services for clients of member dentists
IN-HOME DENTAL HYGIENE SERVICES:
FREE DENTAL SERVICES
Children and youth aged 17 and under:
Apply through Halton Region 905-825-6000 * income and other criteria apply, see links for details
1) Regular Care: Healthy Smiles Ontario
2) Emergency and urgent care: Children in Need of Treatment (CINOT) program *
Halton Region Health Department may provide financial assistance for dental treatment for individuals who do not have dental insurance or any other coverage and who would have difficulty paying for dental treatment * for application and assessment contact Halton Region Health Dept at 905-825-6000
Eligible individuals may include: Ontario Works recipients who have an urgent dental condition * adults aged 64 and under with special needs (difficulty with getting dressed, bathing, grooming, toileting, or physical transferring) who have a dental need * adults aged 65 and over who have a dental need.
REDUCED-COST DENTAL CLINICS
For oral hygiene, cleaning, etc:
1) Some colleges with oral health education programs have reduced-cost oral hygiene clinics * in the Burlington/Hamilton area this is available only at the Ontario Dental Education Institute, Public Clinic in Ancaster (others previously in Hamilton and Burlington have closed)
2) Also available in Toronto at George Brown College, Interprofessional Learning Clinic, Dental Clinic
3) Cleaning, scaling, oral hygiene services, etc. may be less expensive at independent dental hygienists, rather than through a dentist's office, see above
For other procedures:
1) University of Toronto, Dental Faculty, Reduced Cost Dental Clinic
Fillings * dentures * braces * bridges * implants * children's dentistry * root canals * crowns * treatment of gum disease * extractions of wisdom teeth, and more * Oral Surgery Department can perform tooth extractions for patients who do not want any other dental treatment.
2) George Brown College, Interprofessional Learning Clinic, Dental Clinic :
Dental (oral) hygiene services, x-rays, scaling and polishing * denture clinic * restorative dental hygiene (dental fillings, veneers, bonding)
|Service Level||(99) Unknown / No Service|
|Service Categories||Dental Hygiene ; Dental Hygiene ~ Developmental Disabilities ; Dental Hygiene ~ Low Income ; Dental Screening ; Dental Screening ~ Developmental Disabilities ; Dental Screening ~ Low Income ; General Dentistry ; General Dentistry ~ Developmental Disabilities ; General Dentistry ~ Low Income|