Halton Region is currently in the Red/Control level of the Provincial COVID-19 Response Framework.
Services listed here may be impacted in response to ongoing restrictions. Please contact agencies or programs listed on this page prior to visiting in person in order to receive up to date information on services.
|Record #: OAK0050||Last Full Update: 24 Nov 2020|
|Legal Status||(99) Unknown / No Service|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||This listing provides information on programs for snow removal on roads and sidewalks, windrows and driveways.
Roads and Sidewalks:
Road and sidewalks are plowed by the Town of Oakville
* see Snow Clearing for more information
Windrows: (snow pushed by plows across the end of driveways):
* Oakville Driveway Snow Windrow Clearing Program provides season long clearance of windrows
* for people aged 65+ and people with disabilities
* there is a fee for use - residents must register for service
Links2Care Oakville office (also serves Burlington and Milton):
* matches seniors and people with permanent physical disabilities with students or private companies to clear driveways and walkways for a fee (based on sliding scale according to income)
* register in September-October (there may be a waiting list)
* windrow clearing may also be available if agreed between the resident and service provider
* see Links2Care for more information
Private snow removal companies:
* see Yellow Pages under "Snow Removal Service"
|Hours||Contact organization for information|
|Eligibility||Varies with program|
|Application||Varies by program, contact for information|
|Fees||Service - for some services|
|Located In Community||Oakville|
|Physical Access||Not Applicable|
|Categories and Classification|
|HCSD Main Heading||Disabilities ; Health Care ; Older Adults ; Topic Guides|
|HCSD Sub Heading||Home Support ; Home Support Programs ; Programs for Home Support ; Special Topics|
|Service Categories||Residential Snow Shovelling ; Street Maintenance|