|Record #: BTN4416||Last Full Update: 21 Sep 2018|
|Memos and Bulletins|
|Public Comments||Effective Aug 21, 2017 the Main Entrance & Emergency Department have moved to 1245 Lakeshore Rd, Burlington L7S 0A2|
|Office Phone||Inquiries 905-632-3737;
Rhesus (Rh) Clinic 905-632-3737 ext 4881;
Breastfeeding Clinic 905-632-3737 ext 4840 OR 905-681-4840 ext 1;
Warm Line 905-681-4831
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/JosephBrantHospital
|Legal Status||(50) Non Profit|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Family-centred care program for mothers, newborns and families * services provided for prenatal to postpartum stages, including Breastfeeding, Rhesus (RH) Clinic, and Gestational and Paediatric Diabetes clinics.
* Call 905-681-4881 Mon-Fri 7:30 am-3:30 pm to book
* Offered one weekend per month from 9 am–4 pm (for current dates, see website) * cost is $175 per couple (includes hospital tour).
* Register by calling 905-681-4881 (calls taken Mon and Wed 9 am-3 pm * Tue, Thu and Fri 1 pm-3 pm)
* payment can be made over the phone by VISA or MasterCard, or by debit or cash in person with the cashier between 8:45 am-4:15 pm
* payment required a minimum of one day prior to class
* Classes take place in the Gordon Room on the main floor of the hospital
Rhesus (RH) Clinic
Rh Negative factor can affect the health of newborn babies, but can be treated with a simple injection for the mother.
Clinic is held Wednesday mornings to confirm the Rh factor in the blood and treat Rh-negative women with required injection.
Recommends that women ask their doctor or midwife about their Rh factor, health care provider will provide referral to clinic if required.
* Tue-Sun 8:30 am-3:30 pm (by appointment only)
* Staffed by a board-certified lactation consultant each clinic day
* Provides care for babies up to the age of 6 weeks that were born at JBH or babies with a physician or midwife in Burlington, who has privileges at JBH
* clients may also be seen in the prenatal period to discuss infant feeding
* beyond 6 weeks of age more support is available from Halton Region Public Health Department, for more information see separate listing here
The nursing team assists new mothers and babies with breastfeeding during their hospital stay and provides support and assistance after discharge both in the clinic and over the telephone * nursing team works closely with the Breastfeeding Clinic to plan care for families.
* Mon-Sun 24 hrs 905-681-4831
* Dedicated line answered 24 hours a day by a registered nurse in the Maternal and Child Program
* available to all mothers who have delivered at Joseph Brant Hospital for the first six weeks
* concerns about a baby older than six weeks should be directed to family physician or Telehealth Ontario 1-866-797-0000
|Hours||Vary by service (see Service Description)|
|Eligibility||Varies by service (see Service Description)|
|Application||Contact for information|
|Fees||Fees for Childbirth Prenatal classes|
|Located In Community||Burlington|
|Address & Map||
1245 Lakeshore Rd
Burlington, ON L7S 0A2
View Google Map
|Intersection||Maple Ave and North Shore Blvd E|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Categories and Classification|
|HCSD Main Heading||Child / Family Services ; Health Care ; Youth|
|HCSD Sub Heading||Perinatal / Pregnancy / Postnatal ; Postnatal / Pregnancy ; Young Parents|
|Service Categories||Breastfeeding Support Programs ; Childbirth Education ; Delivery/Childbirth ; General Expectant/New Parent Assistance Programs ; Hospital Orientation Programs/Tours ; Obstetrics/Gynecology ; Postpartum Care ; Prenatal Care ; Talklines/Warmlines ~ New Parents|