Service: Community Mental Health Outpatient Services
|Record #: BTN0005||Last Full Update: 12 Sep 2017|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/JosephBrantHospital?ref=stream&fref=nf
|Located In Community||Burlington|
|Address & Map||
Joseph Brant Community Health Centre (in Brant Centre)
1182 North Shore Blvd E, Lower Level
Burlington, ON L7S 1C5
View Google Map
|Intersection||Maple Ave and North Shore Blvd E|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Legal Status||(30) Provincial Government|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Community Mental Health provides a continuum of care from assessment or consultation, to specialized treatment supports for clients with complex and serious mental health disorders.
General Psychiatrist Consultation Clinic
Assessment, medication review, and treatment recommendations via a "shared care" model with family physicians.
* follow up appointments provided as necessary for more complex cases to ensure the efficacy of medications prescribed and that the recommended treatment plan is working for the client.
Child and Adolescent Clinic (CAP)
Provides support to children/youth under the age of 18 years.
* Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist works with Social Worker to assess and provide treatment recommendations on complex cases.
Concurrent Disorders Clinic (Addictions & Mental Illness)
Specialized assessments of clients with co-occurring mental health and addictions disorders.
* psychiatrists work with Social Worker to identify clients who would benefit from longer term individual treatment.
* clinic staff also provide "Health & Hope Group," a 10-week psycho-educational support group for people who experience difficulties with both a mental health issue and substance abuse issue.
Geriatric Psychiatric Consultation Service
Supports clients aged 65 and older who are residents of Burlington, for more details see separate record here
Available through referral from a physician:
1. Short Term Treatment
Meets the needs of individuals who are experiencing mental health issues such as mood or anxiety disorders.
* assessment, psychiatric evaluation, treatment planning, skill development and coordination of community resources.
* an average of 12 therapy sessions is offered.
* clinicians also offer treatment via several groups, e.g. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) for clients with depression or anxiety.
2. Intensive Case Management
Inter-professional team offers comprehensive outreach services to adult clients and their families.
* addresses the multiple needs of clients with predominantly psychotic or severe mood disorders (eg. bipolar) and focuses on the client's goals and effective community reintegration.
3. Medication Clinic
Operates with both RN and Psychiatrist support for the follow up of primarily a chronic population.
* goals are to facilitate the optimal use of psychotropic medications with a view to prevent/reduce hospitalizations and Emergency Department visits, ensure client stability in the community and support clients in maintaining adequate functioning and an enhanced quality of life.
PACT (Program of Assertive Community Treatment)
Community outreach program of Halton Region, is housed at Joseph Brant serving all Halton residents, see separate record here
Early Intervention in Psychosis (Phoenix)
Regional clinical program provides service to clients 14-40 years of age experiencing a first episode of psychosis.
* jointly managed by Joseph Brant Hospital, Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital, North Halton Mental Health Clinic, ADAPT, and the Halton-Peel Schizophrenia Society.
* for more information, see separate record here
Halton Homes (homelessness service)
Provides clinical support to Halton Homes service which targets mental health clients at risk of being homeless and provides both clinical case management and housing supports.
* Ontario Ministry of Health supportive housing initiative, lead agency is Summit Housing and Outreach Program.
* for more information see separate records here
|Hours||General office program hours: Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Areas Served||Burlington - for local programs ; Halton Region - for regional PACT, Phoenix and Halton Homes programs|
|Eligibility||Clients must be Burlington residents, except for PACT program which serves all Halton residents.|
|Application||Referrals are accepted from physicians, hospitals, community agencies, and mental health and addiction professionals.
There is an intake review to determine eligibility for all treatment services.
For application forms, contact or see website here
|Categories and Classification|
|Service Categories||Community Mental Health Agencies ; General Psychiatry ; Mental Health Evaluation ; Psychiatric Case Management ; Psychiatric Day Treatment ; Psychiatric Medication Services|