There are 51 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the organization / program name to view the full details of the record
[ Map Results ]
|Organization / Program Name(s)||Description - Short||Areas Served||Service Categories|
|Dads Against Dirty Air, No Physical Address||A parent-led grassroots charitable organization, acting as a resource for schools and community groups, aimed at reduction of air pollution from idling buses and cars at schools and in the community f ... [More]||Brantford ; Greater Toronto Area ; Halton Region ; London ; Peel Region ; Waterloo ; other communities as requested by parents/teachers, school boards and donors * other areas in Canada on an advisory level to help promote the message||Issue Advocacy ~ Environmental Issues|
|Dance Elite, Dance Ability||The inclusive dance classes provide each student with a one-on-one dance "buddy":
* a volunteer dancer who adapts the class for the right level of challenge
* provides encouragement, friendship and ... [More]
|Halton North||Ballet Instruction ~ People With Disabilities ; Dance Recitals ~ People With Disabilities ; Modern Dance Instruction ~ People With Disabilities ; Tap Dancing Instruction ~ People With Disabilities|
|Danielle's Place, Eating Disorder Support and Resource Centre||A nonprofit organization founded on the principle that clients have a voice and are experts in their own recovery. The long term goal is to provide a variety of resources from which clients can self-s ... [More]||Halton Region ; Hamilton ; Mississauga ; no restrictions, anyone who is able to access the location||Disease/Disability Information ~ Eating Disorders ; Weight Related Support Groups|
|Darling Home for Kids||Provides paediatric respite, palliative and therapeutic programs for children who are medically fragile and/or technology dependent, and/or who have a life-limiting or life-threatening illness.||Ontario - varies by program ; * Palliative Program serves children throughout Ontario
* Respite Program serves children in the Central West region of Ontario
|Hospice Facilities ~ Children ; Respite Care ~ Children|
|Dearcroft Montessori School||A full Montessori school program * includes nursery school * Junior and Senior kindergarten * through grade 8 * program accommodates children aged 3-14 yrs * French programs available * nursery school ... [More]||Oakville||Child Care Centres ; Elementary Schools ; Preschools|
|Deck Youth Centre||* user-friendly place for teens
* refuge from pressures that may exist at school or at home
* safe environment run by adult volunteers
* confidential mentoring
* opportunity to explore life-re ... [More]
|Milton||Drop In Centres ~ Youth|
|Deerfield Golf Club, Rental Facilities||Rental facility with two rooms for meetings, banquets, weddings or conferences year round.
* one room capacity 120 people with dance floor
* second room capacity 30 people with fireplace
* ren ... [More]
|Delmanor Glen Abbey Seniors Community||A private retirement home licensed by the Ontario Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority.
* studio, one and two bedroom suite available
* emergency response system * 24 hou ... [More]
|Burlington ; Milton ; Mississauga ; Oakville||Independent Living Communities/Complexes for Older Adults|
|Derry Pharmacy||General pharmacy
* Medscheck: appointments to review complex prescriptions with a pharmacist
* basic home health care supplies
* medication placed in pill organizers (containers for storing schedul ... [More]
|Destination Campbellville Community Association, Mailing Address||Community association mandated to:
* improve the quality of life for those who live and work in the area
* increase tourism and visitors to Campbellville and Nassagaweya
* act as liaison between ... [More]
|Campbellville||Business Networking Groups|
|Developmental Early Identification and Prevention Program, Mailing Address||Offers parents of children ages newborn-5 years, living in Halton, the opportunity for a 15 minute consultation with professionals from community agencies in the following areas:
* hearin ... [More]
|Halton Region||Early Intervention for Children with Disabilities/Delays|
|Developmental Services Ontario Central West Region, Halton Office - Milton||Developmental Services Ontario Central West Region (DSO CWR):
* one of nine DSOs across the province
* is responsible for Peel Region, Halton Region, Wellington County, Dufferin County and Waterloo ... [More]
|Halton Region||Case/Care Management ~ Developmental Disabilities ; Respite Care ~ Developmental Disabilities ; Supported Living Services for Adults with Disabilities|
|Diagnostic Imaging, Burlington||Outpatient services for taking images of the body to diagnose medical conditions. Burlington Ultrasound and Radiology 760 Brant St, Stes 2 & 3, wheelchair accessible
Tel 905-637-7606, Fax 905-637-21 ... [More]
|Burlington||Cancer Detection ~ Breast Cancer ; Diagnostic Imaging/Radiology ; Diagnostic Imaging/Radiology ~ Homebound|
|Diagnostic Imaging, Halton Hills||Outpatient services for taking images of the body to diagnose medical conditions. Georgetown Hospital * 1 Princess Anne Dr, 905-873-4596, Hours: Mon-Fri 8 am-6 pm * appointment necessary except for pl ... [More]||Halton Hills||Cancer Detection ~ Breast Cancer ; Diagnostic Imaging/Radiology|
|Diagnostic Imaging, Milton||Outpatient services for taking images of the body to diagnose medical conditions. James Snow Medical: 51 James Snow Parkway N, 905-636-1050 Hours: Mon, Tue, 9 am-8 pm, Wed, Thur, Fri 9 am-7 pm, Sat 9 ... [More]||Milton||Cancer Detection ~ Breast Cancer ; Diagnostic Imaging/Radiology|
|Diagnostic Imaging, Oakville||Outpatient services for taking images of the body to diagnose medical conditions. Core Cardiology Services: * 1060 Speers Rd, Suite 215, 905-842-6084, Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30 am- 5 pm
* cardiac testing ... [More]
|Oakville||Cancer Detection ~ Breast Cancer ; Diagnostic Imaging/Radiology|
|digiKidz, Summer Technology Camp||Co-ed technology camp offering programs to two age groups.
2014 season: 7 weeks July 7 to Aug 22, 2014
* July 8 to Aug 16, 2014 - sessions geared to Junior (ages 6-8 years) and four different Reg ... [More]
|Burlington ; Milton ; Mississauga ; Oakville||Day Camps ~ Youth ~ Multimedia Artists/Animators|
|directSmiles, Mobile Dental Hygiene Services||Provides dental hygiene services to home bound individuals and those in long-term care and assisted care homes.
* service also provided to community living organizations
* de ... [More]
|Brant County ; Haldimand County ; Halton Region ; Hamilton (City of) ; Niagara Region ; Norfolk County||Dental Hygiene ~ Homebound|
|Disability Information Service Helpline, Hamilton Central Library||A free, confidential phone service providing information, referral, and informal counselling.
* provides one-stop access to information about community programs and services for persons with disabil ... [More]
|Halton Region ; Hamilton (City of)||Specialized Information and Referral ~ Multiple Disabilities|
|Disabled and Aged Regional Transit System (DARTS)||Transportation for people using a wheelchair, scooter or walker for personal independence in the Greater City of Hamilton only.
Connects with Burlington Transit services at Joseph Brant Hospital * ... [More]
|Burlington - Connections with Burlington Transit at Joseph Brant Hospital ; Hamilton (City of)||Disability Related Transportation|
|Discrimination and Harassment Counsel||Confidentially assists anyone who may have experienced discrimination or harassment by a lawyer or paralegal in Ontario.
* mandate of the program is restricted to discrimination and harassment comp ... [More]
|Distress Centre North Halton||Highly trained volunteers will:
* listen to caller's problems and concerns
* help them explore alternatives
* find their own solutions
* befriend those who are lonely
* support them in times ... [More]
|Acton ; Georgetown ; Milton ; and surrounding areas||General Crisis Intervention Hotlines|
|Distress Centre Oakville||Supports people in our community to better cope with crisis, loneliness, depression and emotional stress.
* call the Distress line if you are feeling lonely, overwhelmed, stressed or having thoughts ... [More]
|Greater Toronto Area ; Halton Region||Communication Training ; Counselling/Information Support Volunteer Opportunities ; General Crisis Intervention Hotlines|
|Distress Centres of Toronto, Survivor Support Program||A group of survivors and trained volunteers providing adult-oriented support for those who have lost someone due to suicide or homicide.
Volunteers create a semi-structured, safe place in which su ... [More]
|Greater Toronto Area||Agency Based Libraries/Resource Centres ~ Suicide Issues ; Bereavement Support Groups ~ Suicide Issues|
|Divas Changing Lives, No Physical Address||The DIVAS “Changing Lives” is a nonprofit fundraising group, supporting local initiatives and other non-profit organizations to change the lives of people in the community
Hosts a variety of events ... [More]
|Doctors Accepting New Patients in Halton||To find a doctor accepting new patients in Halton:
The Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-term Care has created a service to help you find a family doctor: Health Care Connect .
For the names o ... [More]
|Halton Region||Physician Referrals|
|Doctors Speakers Bureau, Mailing Address||A community speakers' bureau that addresses civic organizations, labor organizations and social groups.
* staying fit while you sit
* carpal tunnel syndrome
* Apple neck
* the ... [More]
|Burlington ; and area||Speakers/Speakers Bureaus|
|Dog Guides Canada, Lions Foundation of Canada Dog Guides||A service which offers dog guide programs to eligible Canadians. Canine Vision Dog Guides :
* help clients who are blind or visually impaired * specially trained to navigate busy streets, stairs, esc ... [More]
|Canada||Dog Guides ; Mobility Assistance Service Animals ; Seizure Dogs ; Signal Dogs|
|Dog Rescuers Inc, Mailing Address||A nonprofit organization that rescues and re-homes all breeds of dogs.
* takes abandoned dogs, owner surrenders as well as dogs from humane societies and animal controls to help relieve overcrowding ... [More]
|Oakville||Protective Services for Animals|
|Domus Foundation, Milton Townhouse Complex||* 110 three or four bedroom units
* market and subsidized rent levels
* tenancy is for families
* no barrier-free units in the complex
|Milton||Low Income/Subsidized Rental Housing|
|Don Rowing Club of Mississauga||A nonprofit organization offering recreational and competitive rowing programs.
* owned and operated by members on a volunteer basis
* year-round programs for junior, senior and masters competitive ... [More]
|Halton Region ; Peel Region ; Toronto West||Rowing|
|Donkey Sanctuary of Canada (The), Walnut Ridge Farm||* supports improved animal welfare policies * group visits available * tours * nature walks
* picnics welcome
* volunteer program available ; contact firstname.lastname@example.org
|Canada||Protective Services for Animals|
|Dont Get Lost, Mailing Address||Recreational and competitive orienteering program for males and females of all ages.
* families welcome
Use maps and compasses to navigate through wooded areas (compasses can be rented).
* perma ... [More]
|Halton Region ; Hamilton (City of) ; Niagara Region||Orienteering|
|Doors Open Burlington, Mailing Address||Doors Open Burlington allows Burlington residents and visitors to visit, free of charge, places not normally open to the general public, or for which an admission fee is usually charged.
* an initiat ... [More]
|Burlington||Community Celebrations/Festivals ; Tourism Development|
|Doula CARE, Mailing Address||A nonprofit association that will provide a list of trained doulas for clients.
* doulas provide support for women during pregnancy, birth and postpartum period
* provide emotional support * phys ... [More]
|Downtown Georgetown Farmers' Market||
||Halton Hills||Farmers Markets|
|Downtown Oakville Business Improvement Area||The BIA, established through an initiative of the local business community with the approval of local Municipal council, represents over 450 shops and services and sponsors and supports numerous commu ... [More]||Oakville - downtown||Main Street Programs|
|Downtown Oakville Business Improvement Area, Downtown Oakville Jazz Festival||A jazz experience, featuring music, atmosphere and food.
* draws over 90,000 attendees every year * live musical performances on outdoor stages * club, restaurant, cafe and street performances ... [More]
|Oakville ; Greater Toronto Area||Jazz Concerts|
|Drew Hildebrand Teen Benefit Fund, Mailing Address||Supports teens who are navigating the many pressures and dangers of violence, drugs, and alcohol.
'It Takes Courage To Change' scholarships:
* provides individual scholarships for post secondary e ... [More]
|Halton Region ; Peel Region||Student Financial Aid ~ At Risk Youth ; Subject Specific Public Awareness/Education ~ At Risk Youth|
|Drivetest Centre, Oakville||This centre provides vision and written tests for all license classes and currently only conducts G2 and G road tests.
* appointments for driver's tests must be made well in advance
* arrival for ... [More]
|Oakville||Driver Licence Testing Sites|
|Drivetest Centre, Burlington||This Driver Examination Centre:
* provides vision and written tests for all licence classes
* conducts road tests for A, B, C, D, E, F, G2, G, LM2, LM, M2, M and Z For drivers aged 80 and older: S ... [More]
|Burlington||Driver Licence Testing Sites|
|Drivetest Centre, Guelph||* offers tests for A,B,C,D,E,F,G2,G,LM2,LM,M2,M,Z licenses
* make appointments for tests well in advance * no appointment required for written tests, available on a first-come, first-served basis ... [More]
|Guelph ; Halton Hills||Driver Licence Testing Sites|
|Drummond House, Unpublished||A Christian transitional home for women and women with children who are in need of a temporary home to heal from oppressive circumstances.
* aim is to move women from a place of survival to a place o ... [More]
|Halton Region ; Hamilton (City of)||Transitional Housing/Shelter ~ Christian Community ~ Women|
|Drury Lane Theatrical Productions Incorporated||A nonprofit community theatre organization that specializes in musical theatre.
* stages several productions each year
* also rents out men's and women's costumes (contact box office)
New member ... [More]
|Burlington||Musicals/Light Opera Productions|
|Duke of Edinburgh's Award||An achievement award for young Canadians offering opportunities to broaden their interests and experience through participation in a program of practical, cultural and adventurous activities chosen to ... [More]||Ontario||Youth Community Service Programs ; Youth Enrichment Programs|
|Dundas Valley School of Art||An independent, nonprofit art school that offers day and evening classes for children and adults in many arts including drawing, painting, print making, sculpture, pottery and photography.
Special ... [More]
|Ontario||Schools of the Arts|
|Dundurn National Historic Site, Hamilton - 610 York Blvd - Dundurn National Historic Site, Hamilton Military Museum||Features:
* a presentation of Canadian military history covering the land, sea and air forces from the War of 1812 to World War I
* permanent and temporary exhibits and education programming for st ... [More]
|Dundurn National Historic Site, Hamilton - Hamilton - 610 York Blvd - Dundurn Castle, Dundurn Castle||Mid-19th century Italianate country villa and estate overlooking Burlington Bay, once home to railway magnate and lawyer Sir Allan Napier MacNab, one of Canada's first premiers.
* costumed staff cond ... [More]
|Canada||Local/Regional History Museums|
|Duplicate Bridge Club||Halton Hills||Bridge|
|Dying With Dignity Canada||A charitable organization who's aim is to improve the quality of dying for all Canadians in accordance with their own wishes, values, and beliefs.
Major services include:
* informing and educatin ... [More]
|Canada||Agency Based Libraries/Resource Centres ~ Death and Dying Issues ; Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care ; General Health Education Programs ~ Death and Dying Issues ; Living Wills ; Right to Die Groups ; Terminal Illness Counselling|
|Dystonia Medical Research Foundation Canada||The mission of the Distonia Medical Research Foundation of Canada is to advance research for more treatments and ultimately a cure; to promote awareness and education; and to support the needs and wel ... [More]||Canada||Biological and Life Sciences Research ~ Dystonia Musculum Deformans ; Health/Disability Related Support Groups ~ Dystonia Musculum Deformans|