Food for Life Canada
Site: Mailing Address
|Record #: OAK4119||Last Full Update: 17 Nov 2017|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Food-for-Life-Halton/175489809175661
|Primary Contact||Donna Slater, Director of Programs and Community Partnerships; Phone: 905-635-1106 ext 221|
|Alternate Contact||Melissa Bain, Director Of Operations; Phone: 905-635-1106 ext 226|
|Located In Community||Burlington|
|Mailing Address||2258 Mountainside Dr
Burlington, ON L7P 1B7
|Physical Access||Not Applicable - mailing address|
|Description (Agency)||A registered charity that collects surplus perishable food from grocery stores, restaurants and the corporate food sector and distributes the product to those in need throughout Halton and beyond.|
|Legal Status||(50) Non Profit|
|Primary Executive||Catherine Potechin, Chair|
|Funding||Regional / Municipal - Halton Region ; Grants - Trillium Foundation ; Donations - local service clubs ; United Way - Oakville, Burlington/Hamilton, Milton and Halton Hills|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Food is distributed, at no cost, to local food banks and agencies as well as through outreach programs for low income and subsidized housing areas throughout Halton Region.
* emphasis is on perishable goods such as produce, meat, dairy and fresh bread
* individuals looking for food assistance can call Donna at 905-635-1106 ext 221 to be directed to an outreach program or agency
Reduce Waste End Hunger
Provides toolkits to battle food waste and hunger simultaneously, by educating the community on the role they can play in reducing hunger, while positively impacting the environment:
* Partnership of Food for Life, Feeding Halton, Halton Food Council, Halton Poverty Roundtable and Burlington Foundation
* Agriculture Toolkit showcases the tax benefits and process for farms to donate excess food.
* Public & Student Educator Toolkit includes tools to help students and the general public understand hunger in the community, while aligning knowledge on food waste.
* Corporate Food Donor Toolkit showcases how easy it is for the food sector to donate excess food.
* for more information see website, call 905-635-1106 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8 am-4 pm|
|Areas Served||Halton Region|
|Eligibility||anyone in need of food|
|Application||Contact Donna at 905-635-1106 ext 221 for food assistance and information|
|Categories and Classification|
|Service Categories||Food Collection and Storage ; Food Preparation Facilities ; Fresh Food|