If you notice an error on this page, please use the "Suggest an Update" link to let us know about it.
Translate this page?
Student Financial Asistance Branch, Ontario Student Assistance Program
|Toll Free Phone||1-877-672-7411 (1-877-OSAP-411)|
|Located In Community||Thunder Bay|
|Mailing Address||PO Box 4500 |
189 Red River Rd, 4th Flr
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 6G9
|Wheelchair Accessibility||Unknown or Not Applicable|
|Social Media||Facebook, Twitter, YouTube|
|Description||Administers both federal and provincial student financial assistance programs. OSAP works in partnership with the financial aid offices at Ontario post secondary institutions. |
* provides financial assistance in the form of loans, grants, scholarships, and bursaries to Ontario post secondary students to assist with education-related costs such as tuition, books, living costs, and transportation
* amount and type of financial assistance is based on a student's financial needs as determined by OSAP by considering allowable educational costs and the expected financial resources of the student (and his or her family, if applicable)
* details are available from the OSAP website or the financial aid office of the institution the student is attending
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-5 pm|
|Eligibility||* must be a permanent resident or Canadian citizen who has lived in Ontario for 12 consecutive months immediately before the first day of the month in which classes begin; |
* must have valid social insurance number (SIN);
* must be enrolled, or planning to enroll, in an OSAP-approved program at an OSAP-approved postsecondary institution.
See OSAP website for other eligibility criteria.
|Application||An online application is available on the OSAP website at http://osap.gov.on.ca. |
A paper application form is available for printing from the OSAP website.
|Fees||A fee is charged to process the booklet application. No fee is charged for applying through the OSAP website. |
|Languages||English ; French|
|Funding||Provincial ; Federal ; Funding provided by the Government of Ontario and/or the Government of Canada|
|Service Level||(30) Provincial Government|
|Service Categories||Student Loans|