Milton Santa Claus Parade Committee
Site: Mailing Address
Service: Milton Santa Claus Parade
|Record #: MIL0525||Last Full Update: 24 Oct 2019|
|Memos and Bulletins|
|Public Comments||Milton Santa Claus Parade needs volunteers to join the Santa Claus Parade Committee to help organize the parade.|
|Social Media||Facebook: www.facebook.com/miltonsantaclausparade|
|Description (Agency)||This committee plans and coordinates Milton's annual Santa Claus parade.|
|Legal Status||(50) Non Profit|
|Primary Executive||Tyson Herwynen, Bands and Attractions Chairperson|
|Funding||Donations - corporate and business sponsors * donations collected along parade route ; Fees|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||The parade takes place on Sunday, November 18th at 1:30 pm.
The following is a brief description of some of the volunteer opportunities available:
* Traffic Marshals are placed at strategic locations prior to the parade to greet parade participants and give them directions.
* Parade Marshals assist the Supervising Parade Marshal to ensure the security of the parade attendees, participants and the parade route, will assist End-of-Parade Marshal to direct float traffic and participants at the end of the Parade route
* Band Marshals assist the Supervising Band Marshal in greeting the buses, equipment trucks, cars and band people and organizing the band portion of the parade.
* Float Marshals assist the Supervising Float Marshal in greeting the floats and giving direction to the various groups and floats, and their support vehicles
* Banner Carriers carry the various banners advertising the sponsors of the various bands, floats or groups.
* End-of-Parade Marshals assist the Supervising Parade Marshal and are positioned at the end of the parade and greet the band buses, equipment vehicles as they arrive to meet their various groups.
|Hours||The Parade is on Sunday November 17th along Main Street, starting at Whitmer St. to the GO station.
* all volunteers will gather at the assigned meeting place between 12:30 and 1pm for job assignments
* the Parade commences at 1:30 pm and will end roughly around 3:30 pm (at the Milton GO Station parking lot).
* volunteers can be picked up at the end of the parade route at the Milton GO station parking lot between 2:30 and 3:30pm.
* high school students requiring letters confirming their volunteer hours will receive them at the end of the parade.
|Dates||Parade is November 17, 2019 * All volunteers must attend the Volunteer Orientation meeting to be held Wed Nov 13, 2019 from 7-8:30pm at Milton Memorial Arena - Milton Lions Club Hall|
|Eligibility||Volunteers must sign up no later than November 10, 2019.|
|Located In Community||Milton|
|Address & Map||
View Google Map
|Mailing Address||c/o Milton Santa Claus Parade
The UPS Store
420 Main St E
Canada L9T 5G3
|Physical Access||Not Applicable|
|Categories and Classification|
|HCSD Main Heading||Arts / Culture ; Sports / Recreation|
|HCSD Sub Heading||Festivals & Special Events ; Special Events|
|Service Categories||Christmas Programs ; Special Events|