Translate this page?

Canada Revenue Agency

Registered Charities

[  Suggest an Update |  Suggest Volunteer Opportunity ]
Record #: BTN3700 Last Full Update: 20 Jun 2013
Record Details
Alternate NameCRA
Former NameRevenue Canada
Contact Numbers
Toll Free Phone1-800-267-2384 
TTY Phone1-800-665-0354
Contact Information
Located In CommunityOttawa
Mailing Addressc/o Charities Directorate, Canada Revenue Agency 
Ottawa, ON K1A 0L5
Wheelchair AccessibilityUnknown or Not Applicable - phone support only
Primary ExecutiveCathy Hawara, Director General
Service Details
Areas ServedCanada
DescriptionResponsible for all program activities related to the provisions of the Income Tax Act regarding: Registered charities * registered Canadian Amateur Athletic Associations (RCAAAs) * Registered National Arts Service Organizations (RNASOs) * federal political parties (contributions to registered political parties or to a candidate at a federal election) 
Responsible for: 
* reviewing applications for registration as a charity, RCAAA or RNASO  
* providing information, guidance and advice on maintaining registered status  
* ensuring registered organizations comply with registration requirements through a balanced program of education, service, and responsible enforcement 
* developing policy and providing information, communication, and education programs for the charitable sector and for donors  
* engaging with the charitable sector, other government departments, and other levels of government  
* supporting the Canada Revenue Agency's role in combating the financing of terrorism in support of the Charities Registration (Security Information) Act 
* to search for an organization's charitable status visit Charities listings 
* to find information about registered Canadian amateur athletic associations and other qualified donees visit Other qualified donees listings 
Customer service representatives provide: 
* general information about registered charities 
* confirm whether an organization is a registered charity 
* handle requests for public documents such as a registered charity's annual information return and financial statements 
* provide information on how to apply for registration and how to complete the application (Form T2050) 
* provide information to registered charities on how to issue official donation receipts and how to complete the annual information return (Form T3010) 
* provide guidance to registered charities on changing their legal name, purposes, activities, and more 
HoursMon-Fri 8 am-8 pm
LanguagesEnglish ; French
Service Level(40) Federal Government
Service CategoriesCharitable Organization Registration ; Charity Information