There are 14 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
|Position Title||Organization / Program Name(s)||Communities||Duties||Suitable For||Location||Police Check|
|Member of Board of Directors||Central West Specialized Developmental Services||Experience or a background in various professions (long term care, communications/marketing, government relations, health care, finance) would be beneficial. Prior board experience would be an asset, but what we really want is someone who is motivated to be involved with and contribute to an organization with a strong past and an exciting future!||Adults (18+)||Oakville, Ontario||Not Required|
|Volunteer Driver||Canadian Cancer Society, Halton Community Office||As a volunteer driver:
- You will pick up people receiving cancer treatment from their home and take them to their treatment centre.
- You’ll be there to offer assistance at a time when they need it the most.
- When their treatment is done, you’ll make sure they get home safely.
|Adults (18+) ; Seniors (55+)|
|Christmas Kettle Campaign Volunteer||Salvation Army, Burlington - Mainway, Community and Family Services||Spread Christmas cheer standing at a kettle and greeting the community while collecting donations.||Anyone ; Adults (18+) ; Seniors (55+) ; Youth (12-18) ; Highschool students ; Persons with a hearing impairment ; Persons with a physical disability ; Newcomers / English as a second language ; Families||16 different locations across Burlington||Not Required|
|Director of Sponsorship||Oakville Little League Baseball||- Liaise with current Board members to identify the yearly sponsorship needs of the league
- Develop sponsorship programs in conjunction with the Board of Directors and other senior level volunteers
- Work with Board members to identify, solicit, and manage a list pf prospects
- Contact and maintain relationships with sponsors
- Work with the Communications Director to develop and maintain up-to-date promotional materials for the sponsorship programs, including organizational overview materials, brochures, web copy, and other informational pieces
- Track and manage all sponsorship contributions and coordinate with the Treasurer to make sure that all sponsorships are paid
- Responsible for the coordinating of all sponsorship activities, including but not limited to: in-season team uniforms, scoreboard signs, outfield signs, and concession stand signs, and the ordering and distribution of sponsor plaques
- Work with the Treasurer to make sure that all sponsorships are paid
- Work with the Uniform Coordinator to ensure correct sponsorship names are used
- Provide the Uniform coordinator and Division Director with the list of house league sponsors, and teams assigned in preparation for uniform ordering.
|Adults (18+) ; Seniors (55+) ; Post-secondary students||OLL Clubhouse is Located at 425 Cornwall Road, Oakville, L6J 7S8||Required|
|Director of Volunteer Program||Oakville Little League Baseball||OLL is looking for a Director of Volunteer Program whose primary responsibilities will be to recruit and manage volunteers||Adults (18+) ; Seniors (55+)||The incumbent can work from home, the Fieldhouse and will occasionally attend events in parks||Required|
|Mechanical Engineer/Mechanical Engineering Technician or Technologist||Sheridan College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning, Oakville - Iroquois Shore Rd - Rm A11 - Community Employment Services, The Mentoring Partnership||Mentors are paired a skilled newcomer from their same profession. They assist a mentee in:
•understanding the Canadian context of their profession and workplace culture
•gathering information on their occupation and industry
•developing professional networks and job search strategies
|Determined by volunteer Mentor, for example: library, Sheridan, workplace, coffee shop||Not Required|
|School Nutrition Program Volunteer||Halton Food for Thought, School Nutrition Programs||These are some the of the duties our volunteers perform:
-Shopping for food for our programs.
-Preparing meals and snacks for students to eat; most programs do not involve cooking, but most have some cutting of fresh fruits and vegetables and minimal preparation of other food items.
-Setting up for food service which can include setting up chairs and tables, cleaning the eating and food preparation surfaces and putting out dishes and food.
-Post-program clean up; this can include doing dishes, putting food away, cleaning tables and putting away chairs.
-Monthly reporting and financial tracking; this involves working with school staff to obtain account balances and submitting totals to HFFT each month.
|Adults (18+) ; Seniors (55+) ; Youth (12-18) ; Highschool students ; Post-secondary students ; Newcomers / English as a second language ; Community Groups ; Workplaces / Corporate Groups||Various schools in Burlington, Oakville, Milton, Acton, Georgetown||Required|
|Winter Solstice Event Volunteer||Willow Park Ecology Centre||Helping with the set up and take down for the Winter Solstice event. Escorting participants between the parking lot and the event with flashlights.
Please bring a flashlight with you if possible, if not, let us know and we will supply you with one.
|Adults (18+) ; Youth (12-18) ; Highschool students ; Families ; Community Groups||Willow Park Ecology Centre, Norval ON, Schools in North Halton and Peel||Required|
|Santa Shuffle Run - Face Painter||Salvation Army, Oakville - Rebecca St, Community and Family Services||We are looking for someone who can do basic faces such as Rudolph, Snowflakes etc! We will provide the equipment! Students can receive volunteer hours!||Adults (18+) ; Seniors (55+) ; Youth (12-18) ; Highschool students|
|Christmas Kettle Volunteer||Salvation Army, Oakville - Rebecca St, Community and Family Services||Greeting people with a smile :) in various locations around town, volunteers are required to help raise funds by standing with a donation kettle/station and accept donations from the public.
Shifts are typically 3 hours long and you can donate as much of your time as you would like!
|Adults (18+) ; Seniors (55+) ; Youth (12-18) ; Highschool students ; Post-secondary students ; Couples ; Families ; Community Groups ; Workplaces / Corporate Groups||Various Locations Across Oakville||Not Required|
|What's Your Type? Volunteer ABO Typer||Canadian Blood Services, Burlington - Power Centre, Blood Donor Clinics||• Regularly review written volunteer duties and region specific procedures
• Set up typing stations per Canadian Blood Services standards
• Ensure identity of participant matches “What’s Your Type?” registration form information
• Provide ongoing, meaningful conversation to put the participant at ease
• Explain the procedure and method used to determine ABO grouping
• Prepare blood grouping trays
• Obtain capillary sample
• Determine ABO blood group and Rh factor
• Monitor the participant and advise supervisor of any participant adverse reactions
• May be required to perform First Aid or CPR
• Explain ABO system, Rh factor and the need for blood
• Ensure proper disposal of bio-hazardous waste
|Adults (18+)||Varies||Not Required|
|Board Member||Halton Environmental Network, Queen Elizabeth Park Community & Cultural Centre||Attend one Board meeting per month plus advance preparation (reviewing reports), occasional email communication, occasional representation at local events. Participation in a subcommittee is also expected.||Adults (18+)||Halton Region||Not Required|
|Wrapping Holiday Gifts||Drew Hildebrand Teen Benefit Fund, Mailing Address||Wrapping Holiday Gifts for DHTBF Homeless Shelter Program on Saturday December 19th, 2015 from 10am to 4pm at 2979 Picton Place, Mississauga.||Adults (18+) ; Youth (12-18) ; Highschool students||2979 Picton Place, Mississauga||Not Required|
|Theatre Arts Assistant||Community Living Oakville||Work with Director to develop a production starring people with a developmental disability. From set design to writing to producing, you will be involved with it all.||Adults (18+) ; Highschool students||301 Wyecroft Rd, Oakville||Required|