There are 16 record(s) that match your criteria.
You should be Ontario Smart Serve certified (contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up to take the course)
You will verify the age eligibility of each guest ordering alcoholic beverages if they appear under 25
You will be provided with a t-shirt to wear during your shift
You will work as part of a team of five (5) or more
You will be required to stand throughout your shift (except for breaks).
Students (18+) can collect volunteer hours for their OSSD
Most shifts last 6 hours with a break, except Monday shifts are shorter.
A Volunteer Manual will be provided to you in August
You will be required to attend a 30 minute training session during the last week of August
•shape the strategic direction of Milton Relay For Life
•provide leadership, support, guidance, coaching and support to committee leads ensuring timelines are achieved on schedule
•encourage strong communication and be responsive to inquiries from committee and staff partner
•serve as an ambassador and spokesperson for the Canadian Cancer Society at team rallies, community events and on event day
•assist and identify any gaps or areas for growth with staff partner and committee
We also provide counselling in other languages.
Assist staff with the organization of resource materials.
• Set up tables and chairs
• Help to unload food from truck
• Display available food items
• Package food items
• Provide hospitality
• Assist clients
• Keep records
• Take down tables and chairs
• Ensure food is properly stored
We will work to make sure that volunteers of all abilities can be successful and contribute.
• Assist residents and organizations wishing to participate in hub activities
• Nurture relationships among neighbours, community groups, and partners
• Greet and provide hospitality to guests
• Introduce guests to the areas of the building and show them where equipment is located
• Assist guests with completing registration and other forms
• Answer telephone, take messages
• Administer program evaluations as required
• Assess situations and keep the environment safe for all
• Set Up Volunteer - Saturday, September 24 (Milton, between 12pm – 7pm)
• Greg’s Ride Event Volunteer - Sunday, September 25 (Milton and surrounding areas, 7.00am– 5pm)
• PwC Epic Tour Halton Pit Stop Volunteer - Sunday, September 11, (Halton Region, approx 9.45am - 4.00pm)
• Promotions Volunteer - Any time between now & September 24 (All across the GTA)
Volunteer Role Descriptions
Set Up Volunteer (Saturday, September 24)
• Assembling participant kit bags
• Setting up tables and chairs
• Setting up tents
• Distributing directional signage on-route*
Greg’s Ride Event Volunteer (Sunday, September 25)
• Staffing the registration booth on-site
• Hosting snack stations along the ride route*
• Assisting with lunch distribution
• Event tear down and signage pick-up*
PwC Epic Tour Halton Pit Stop Volunteer (Sunday, September 11)
• Keep water coolers filled
• Keep the food replenished
• Engage with riders about Share the Road and Greg's Ride
• Includes set up and tear down.
• Distributing posters to local bike shops, at cycling events and to supportive businesses across the GTHA
• Spreading the word through social media and word of mouth
* Priority will be given to volunteers who have a car
We are governed by a Policy Board made up of a maximum of 11 volunteers, a mixture of parents and community members. Our board meets approximately 11 times per year (once per month, usually the 3rd Wednesday), in the evening. In addition to the board meetings, all board members have the opportunity to participate on one or more committees, which meet every 2 to 4 months. The average time commitment for our board members is about 3 to 4 hours per month. Each Board Member commits to a two year term, during which they are to attend all Board meetings, vote on issues, sit on committees and form the governance direction of the organization.
We are currently accepting applications from interested and committed community members for the position of general Board Member. In particular, we are seeking individuals who have financial accounting experience and who might be interested in pursuing the treasurer position down the road.
If you are self-directed, have strong financial skills, currently reside in Halton, and are interested in giving back to your community, we would love to hear from you. We are a group of like-minded people who can have fun while still recognizing the important task our child care centres must do.
Visits can be weekly or every 2 weeks for as little as one hour total time commitment for an in home visit or a couple of hours if you care to take them to an activity in which you share an interest (coffee & shopping, an art show, live music, shopping, bowling or even for a walk by the lake) . By volunteering you may also be providing some much-needed support to a caregiver or family member simply by visiting one of our wonderful clients.
• Lead the implementation of the Red Cross campaign within their designated store (materials and training are provided)
• Visit their assigned Walmart store at set times during the year (max 2-3 times) to deliver Canadian Red Cross information
• Be able to report to Regional Staff Leads, successes and challenges within their store during the campaign
• Meet with the most responsible person for that store’s campaign in advance of the campaign
• Speak about the Canadian Red Cross with knowledge and comfort at meetings and in-store events (training provided)
• Work with the Red Cross Regional Staff Lead to support in-store events such as bagging days
• Complete a brief campaign report (or survey) at the conclusion of their store’s campaign