There are 15 record(s) that match your criteria.
-Support with mobility on and off the bus and in the store as needed
-Friendly and attentive communication with clients
The yearly schedule operates bi-weekly, alternating between No Frills and Fortinos. Burlington and Hamilton locations available.
-Positive, friendly attitude
-Must be able to easily get on/off bus
-Capability to lift client’s groceries
*data entry, filing, appointment setting, etc.
Perfect for social butterflies with a good sense of humour, social work students, sports or gaming enthusiasts, martial arts, or holistic health nuts.
- engage visitors in conversations and dialogues regarding the museum's collections and temporary exhibitions
- ensure memorable and positive visits, including ensuring comfort and safety of visitors while fostering educational growth
- participate in specialized programs that may be developed (i.e. Docents in the Schools, Speakers Bureau, Drawing in Galleries, Family Tour etc.)
- seek clarification and guidance from Cultural Centre staff when needed
Special Needs Baseball
Softball specially designed for teens and adults with special needs. The focus is on participation and getting active, no experience is necessary. Volunteers will assist staff in facilitating the games, engaging and encouraging participants. Participants vary in age from youth to adult. Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older.
Special Needs Soccer
Soccer specially designed for teens and adults with special needs. The focus is on participation and getting active. Volunteers will assist staff in facilitating the games, engaging and encouraging participants. Participants vary in age from youth to adult. Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older.
Tyke and Novice Basketball League
Get out and give it a shot! This recreational league focuses on teaching basketball skills in a progressive manner while encouraging participation to maximize success and growth of every player. Under the guidance of a coach, players learn the fundamentals of the game through sound instructional skill, drills, teamwork and game situations. Each week the team practices a skill and plays a game!
Junior and Senior Volleyball League
This program focuses on the development of skills, sportsmanship, self- esteem, teamwork and fair play. These elements will be highlighted through instructional drills, game strategies and gameplay. Each team will practice their skills and participate in a weekly game.
- assisting audience members to their seats
- ensuring the safety of the audience members at events, under the supervision of the Theatre staff
- checking tickets at ticketed events
- providing information to patrons about events at the theatre
- maintaining the basic tidiness of the theatre seating area and lobby
- assisting with Coat Check when needed
- Marketing and organizing the event.
- Help the organizing committee
- Band setup before the event
- Cleanup at the end of the event
Duties include: mentoring students in nature exploration and photography while accompanying them on photo walks in local parks and natural areas; assisting with the importing, editing, and reviewing of student images; leading a small group activity in the afternoon as part of a series of photography/nature activity stations.
Key goals of Focus on Nature are to inspire young people to explore and appreciate nature through photography and to connect with their creativity. This is done by teaching students the "elements of design", and by exploring local natural areas as photographers, with eyes wide open to the beauty and complexity of nature. Students are encouraged to slow down and to look for the elements of design in nature, and they are reminded that nature has always acted as inspiration for art, design, and architecture. At the end of each workshop, there is a celebration with a slideshow of each students' 10 favourite images, and we give "extension activities" to teachers and students so that they can continue to learn.
-Sort and stock our emergency food cupboard
-Helping donors in with their donations
-Volunteers should be able to work standing up for short periods of time.
-Some of the volunteers positions do require some walking, hanging and sorting clothing in the store.