You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Journalism
There are 2 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
|Position Title||Organization / Program Name(s)||Communities||Duties||Suitable For||Location||Police Check|
|Classical Music Blogger||Musikay, Mailing Address||Write blog posts for the Ensemble's website. Topics to include specific pieces, and surrounding information, composers biographies and events surrounding the composition of a work, etc.||Adults (18+) ; Youth (12-18) ; Persons with a physical disability||from own home||Not Required|
|Environmental and Driver Volunteer - Recycling Revisited||Community Development Halton, Burlington - Harrington Crt, Volunteer Halton||We have several volunteer positions open:
(1) to search at your own pace, with no deadlines, for relevant news clippings in the Burlington Public Library newspaper archives,
(2) to film &/or conduct videotaped interviews to form an interview library of recycling pioneers with Halton background - possibly to become part of a mini-documentary or book to be written,
(3) to drive committee members or volunteers to events, meetings, or other commitments (reimbursement for gas),
(4) to continue our search for people who were active in recycling through CCPC's program, or were part of the organization, in order to be able to invite them to a reunion or other event in the future,
(5) to join our planning committee, Recycling Revisited.
People of any age from teens to older ages could volunteer in one or more of the above activities:
For #1 above, a person with patience with detail, good vision and information retrieval skills who would work mostly alone,
For #2 above, a person who has an interest in filming and interviewing would be suitable,
For #3 above, one or more individuals with driver's license, clean driver record and insurance, to drive committee members or volunteers,
For #4 above, a person with friendly telephone and personal manner, to connect (on behalf of Recycling Revisited) with individuals who might have been participants in CCPC,
For #5 above, a person with a strong interest in the environment, community history and citizen action, who is able to engage in an informal group structure. We want to increase our numbers and diversity. We are specifically looking for participants of diverse ages, interests, ethnicity, gender, etc.
|Adults (18+) ; Seniors (55+) ; Youth (12-18) ; Highschool students ; Post-secondary students||Varied locations in Burlington or other Halton locations e.g. events.||Not Required|