You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Journalism
There are 4 record(s) that match your criteria.
• Uses provided key messaging to respond in a timely manner to media inquiries as a spokesperson on behalf of the Canadian Red Cross (this may be in times of a large disaster, smaller scale Personal Disaster Assistance responses, proactive media campaigns or other media requests)
• Positions the Canadian Red Cross as the charity of choice during fundraising appeals
• When appropriate, connects media with other spokespeople who are content experts within the organization
• Provides guidance and coaching to other spokespeople on key messaging
• Supports the Communications Department with media training
• Proactively pitches story ideas to the media to promote Red Cross services and programs
• Working with Communications staff for direction, creates proactive media pitches based on activities in the communications calendar and participate in garnering media coverage for Red Cross programs in their region
• Has a good understanding of the local media environment and topics of interest
• Contributes to a healthy and safe working environment
The ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings and weekends, is a requirement for this position.
Must be available on short notice to respond.
Based on your background, expertise & special interest, you could help with various organizational initiatives such as marketing, communication, social media, event management & coordination, youth & community engagement, fundraising, donations, program support, administrative support, coaching, recreation, program activities, teaching assistance, education support, general assistance, transportation, food prep, kitchen work, meal preparation, usher, server, games, sports etc.