You performed a search for: Find Recycling AND Revisited in Keywords
There are 7 record(s) that match your criteria.
Please note that Francine Gibel is the Communications Coordinator (email@example.com or 905-631-9974). Once a volunteer has been oriented by Roberta McGregor, the primary person to communicate with as a volunteer will be Francine. Also, all volunteers are invited to attend Development Committee/Planning Committee meetings on a drop-in or regular basis.
- Following an established sequence in a historical research project, province by province
- Literature Searcher in relevant journals and publications including government documents
- Interviewer to gather verbal and personal testimony
- There may be a request for assistance with some archival duties with materials from the 1970s/1980s.
- Advise, instruct, and assist the Committee to apply fundraising strategies. Some experience required.
- Attending Committee meetings when possible will provide knowledge of our values, history, current activities, procedures, and weaknesses vs. strengths.
- Report to the Development Committee through the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Support the President in maintaining a high standard for Board conduct and uphold policies and Bylaws re. Director's conduct,
-keep a roll of the names and addresses of the Members. Ensure proper recording and maintenance of minutes of the Corporation, Board and committees.
-Attend to correspondence on behalf of the Board. Have secure custody of all minute books, documents, registers and the seal of the Corporation, maintained as required by law. Ensure that all reports are prepared and filed as required by law or requested by the Board.
Give notice as required by the By-Laws of meetings of the Corporation, the Board and Board committees.
(Members of the Board would assist with the initial organizing for handing over these responsibilities.)
(Strong interest in the environment, community history or citizen action; We are looking for diverse members).
- To engage in discussion, planning, advising, brainstorming and assisting with new projects. We have spent the last year producing a short documentary and a student level book about the citizen action in the 1970s and 1980s that led to Burlington being the first municipality in Canada to hire a contractor for an ongoing curbside recycling program. This organization was CCPC (Citizens' Committee for Pollution Control, 1970-1983) and we have deep roots in it. We also need to do some organizational work on bylaws and new procedures.
We need to create policies and procedures for making the public aware of these products, and how to gain enough funds for more printing of them. We also need to decide what projects to choose in this "fresh start" after our production year, that would be consistent with our Mission of inspiring today's citizens to take action on their current environmental concerns.
- Create an "Interview Library" for our collection. Go over all of the footage for bits that need to be cut out due to misstatements, repetitions, interruptions, etc.
** Must have video editing experience and use your own editing equipment