You performed a search for: Find Recycling AND Revisited in Keywords
There are 6 record(s) that match your criteria.
Also, our experience is suggesting that each member of the Board should have a "Backup" person qualified to step in when circumstances lead to temporary or permanent absence from the his/her position. A "Backup" could act as an informal assistant to one of the Board members, as part of being prepared to step in if needed for a short time or permanently.
Duties of the Vice President would include: Supporting the responsibilities of the President which include: preparing for Board meetings; Chairing those meetings; having overall leadership and oversight of all elements of the organization and its responsibilities as a registered Not-For-Profit organization; dealing with any developing or arising crises or problems in the ongoing functions of the organization; keeping the organization "on track" with the values, vision, and other foundational elements of the organization. The position of Vice President is an ongoing collaboration with the President.
(Strong interest in the environment, community history or citizen action; We are looking for diverse members).
- To engage in discussion, planning, advising, brainstorming and assisting with new projects. We have spent the last year (2018)producing a short documentary and a student level book about the citizen action in the 1970s and 1980s that led to Burlington being the first municipality in Canada to hire a contractor for an ongoing curbside recycling program. This organization was CCPC (Citizens' Committee for Pollution Control, 1970-1983) and we have deep roots in it. We also need to do some organizational work on bylaws and new procedures.
We need to create policies and procedures for making the public aware of the documentary, books, database and new website. We also need to gain more funds for printing of them and costs of our projects. We need to decide what projects to choose in this "fresh start" after our production year, that would be consistent with our Mission of inspiring today's citizens to take action on their current environmental concerns. This is of course in the large perspective of global warming.
All volunteers are invited to attend the Development Committee/Planning Committee meetings on a drop-in or regular basis.
This Sub-committee would need to act within the policies and general direction of the Development Committee and Board, but would have a great deal of discretion and flexibility. Members would need to be committed to swing into action as effectively as possible when a project is being planned and activated (within reason). They would be managing or directing our social media as an ongoing responsibility.
- Following an established sequence in a historical research project, province by province
- Literature Searcher in relevant journals and publications including government documents
- Interviewer to gather verbal and personal testimony
- There may be a request for assistance with some archival duties with materials from the 1970s/1980s.
- Advise, instruct, and assist the Committee to apply fundraising strategies. Some experience required.
- Attending Committee meetings when possible will provide knowledge of our values, history, current activities, procedures, and weaknesses vs. strengths.
- Report to the Development Committee through the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Support the President in maintaining a high standard for Board conduct and uphold policies and Bylaws re. Director's conduct,
-keep a roll of the names and addresses of the Members. Ensure proper recording and maintenance of minutes of the Corporation, Board and committees.
-Attend to correspondence on behalf of the Board. Have secure custody of all minute books, documents, registers and the seal of the Corporation, maintained as required by law. Ensure that all reports are prepared and filed as required by law or requested by the Board.
Give notice as required by the By-Laws of meetings of the Corporation, the Board and Board committees.
(Members of the Board would assist with the initial organizing for handing over these responsibilities.)