You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Shelf Stocking / Warehousing / Inventory
There are 12 record(s) that match your criteria.
Volunteers are required to sort the food into individual grocery bags and then deliver the food directly to the families. The volunteer could choose to do either the bagging or the delivery, or both. The time commitment is once a week, every Wednesday. Confidentiality and commitment is of the utmost importance since these families rely on this service to help feed their children.
-Sort and stock our emergency food cupboard
-Helping donors in with their donations
-Volunteers should be able to work standing up for short periods of time.
-Some of the volunteers positions do require some walking, hanging and sorting clothing in the store.
•Ability to work independently and take direction
•Dependable and committed to your scheduled shift.
•Able to lift and carry laundry, food bags etc. Able to fold laundry.
•Liaise with staff regarding what donations need to be sorted and where they should be placed.
•Sort, fold and put donated linens away. Wash when necessary.
•Sort donated food items for storage.
•Sort donated animal toys/supplies. Wash when necessary.
Assisting with loading and unloading of merchandise from donor locations to ReStore receiving docks
Assisting with moving merchandise onto the sales floor
Assisting with the training of new Volunteer Driver Assistants and Drivers when required
Assisting with documenting and verifying items picked-up
• Ensure the merchandise is presented in a tidy, clean and organized manner to encourage sales
• Responsible to know what merchandise is currently on the shelves
• Be able to respond to customer inquiries regarding merchandise when needed
• Assist with loading and unloading donated merchandise from/to customers’ vehicles
• Actively approach customers to help them find items they are looking for
• Be courteous, respectful and professional to both the customer and your fellow volunteers
• Train and provide support to all new volunteers as required
• Ensure work area is clean, tidy and safe at all times
• Assist in providing information on Habitat for Humanity and making referrals when appropriate
• Other duties as required.
Provide customer service
Help with general housekeeping tasks
Assist with pick ups
Repair damaged items and assembles products to sell in the ReStore
Clothes sorters, client helpers, donation box empires.
Scouts for donations: food and clothes.
1. To assist packing and delivering Fresh Food Boxes to residents of Halton region. Weighting and packing of fruits and vegetables into plastic boxes on the first Tuesday in Milton, second Tuesday in Oakville, third Tuesday in Burlington and the fourth Tuesday in Georgetown of every month
2. Assisting with foodbox deliveries throughout Halton Region. Approximately 10 am to 2 or 3 pm depending on the location. This position involves loading, unloading and carrying of boxes which weigh up to 30 plus pounds.