You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Pet Care
There are 2 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
|Position Title||Organization Name(s)||Communities||Duties||Suitable For||Volunteering Location||Police Check|
|Therapy Dog Member||St John Ambulance, Oakville - Milton & Halton Hills Branch, Therapy Dog Program||Handlers and their canines make weekly visits to long term care facilities in Milton, Oakville & Halton Hills. There is a short training/evaluation process including a minimum of 10 visits. Canines must be at least 1 year old. Volunteer hours are flexible to your schedule. Handlers must be 18 or 16 and accompanied by an adult. Handlers must commit to 60 hours per year.||Youth ; High School Students ; Adults aged 18 and up||Various locations|
|Feed and Clean Volunteers (Cats and Kittens)||Burlington Humane Society||Responsibilities:
- Clean/sanitize cat cages at different levels in the adoption rooms.
- Clean cat dishes, litter boxes. Set up cat cages with appropriate food, litter & bedding.
- Physically remove garbage from rooms, sweep and mop cat room floors.
Requirements for cat f/c program:
- Must be at least 15 years old.
- Must have a current tetanus vaccine.
- Hours for School Civic Engagement requirement available.
- No court-ordered community service accepted.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to read & write clearly and follow instructions.
All volunteers will be trained by a qualified person. Burlington Humane will make every effort to assist all applicants, but retains the right to excuse those volunteers who are deemed unsuitable for the cat feed/clean program. The health and welfare of the animals and the volunteers are of utmost importance.
|Youth ; High School Students ; Adults aged 18 and up ; Seniors (55+)||740 Griffith Court, Burlington, ON, L7L 5R9|