You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Recycling
There are 8 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
|Position Title||Organization / Program Name(s)||Communities||Duties||Suitable For||Volunteering Location||Police Check|
|Environmental Researcher (Recycling Revisited)||Community Development Halton, Burlington - Harrington Crt, Volunteer Halton||(1) To do information research in the area of recycling history in Ontario and Canada, This could involve searching electronically or in publications and clipping files, making phone calls &/or sending emails under direction from the Volunteer Coordinator.
(2) If there is more than one Volunteer, it will be important for the volunteers to share information, contacts and search strategies.
(3) All historical information gathered must be recorded and backed up in systematic, easily accessed ways that agreed to by the Volunteer Coordinator.
Category of duties:
(1) Library Searcher for clippings and written records;
(2) Literature Searcher in relevant journals and publications including government documents;
(3) Interviewer to gather verbal and personal testimony from representatives of environmental and governmental organizations and individual activists/participants in environmental citizen action.
It is possible that volunteers might combine activities within all three categories, or might focus on just one of the three categories.
(4) There may be a request for assistance with some archival duties with materials from the 1970s/1980s.
|Youth ; High School Students ; Adults aged 18 and up ; Seniors (55+)||Volunteer's home &/or libraries|
|ReStore - Merchandising||Habitat for Humanity Halton, Burlington||Position Duties:
• Ensure the merchandise is presented in a tidy, clean and organized manner to encourage sales
• Responsible to know what merchandise is currently on the shelves
• Be able to respond to customer inquiries regarding merchandise when needed;
• Assist with loading and unloading donated merchandise from/to customers’ vehicles;
• Actively approach customers to help them find items they are looking for;
• Be courteous, respectful and professional to both the customer and your fellow volunteers;
• Train and provide support to all new volunteers as required;
• Ensure work area is clean, tidy and safe at all times;
• Assist in providing information on Habitat for Humanity and making referrals when appropriate;
• Other duties as required.
|Youth ; High School Students ; Adults aged 18 and up ; Seniors (55+)||HFH Halton Milton ReStore - 25 Brown St., Milton, Ontario|
|ReStore - Cashier and Pricing Personnel||Habitat for Humanity Halton, Burlington||This volunteer position provides customer service to ReStore customers, prices items for resale (pricing will require some lifting 20-25lbs) and performs cash/credit transactions.||Youth ; High School Students ; Adults aged 18 and up ; Seniors (55+)||1800 Appleby Line, Unit 10, Burlington||Required|
|ReStore - Warehouse Personnel||Habitat for Humanity Halton, Burlington||Assisting in the ReStore.
Provide customer service
Help with general housekeeping tasks
Assist with pick ups
Repair damaged items and assembles products to sell in the ReStore
|Youth ; High School Students ; Adults aged 18 and up ; Newcomers/ESL ; Seniors (55+) ; Community Groups ; Corporate Groups||1800 Appleby Line, Unit 10, Burlington||Not Required|
|ReStore Product Testers||Habitat for Humanity Halton, Burlington||This volunteer position tests and/or fixes donated products. Products include electrical, plumbing and security (locks) items.||Youth ; High School Students ; Adults aged 18 and up ; Newcomers/ESL ; Seniors (55+)||ReStore - 1800 Appleby Line, Unit 10, Burlington||Not Required|
|ReStore - Salvage Crew Member||Habitat for Humanity Halton, Burlington||• Salvage items from donor’s homes during renovations and demolitions (cabinetry, doors, windows, etc.)
• Assist in loading and unloading these salvaged items from donor’s home to ReStore vehicles to ReStore
|Adults aged 18 and up ; Seniors (55+)||Habitat Halton Office (Burlington) and Various Locations in the Halton Region||Not Required|
|Compassion Volunteer||Compassion Society of Halton||Preparation before opening. We open at 12 but need to organize food received that morning from Food for Life and Refresh Foods. Clothes sorting, screening and organizing.||484 Plains Road East, Unit 7||Required|
|Recycling Volunteer||Compassion Society of Halton||We are looking for volunteers that would be able to lift 30-50lbs comfortably. We do require someone that feels comfortable lifting and also is able to walk back and forth to help us do recyclables, garbage etc.
Appropriate for students that need to complete their 40 hours community service hours.