You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Cleaning Services
There are 20 record(s) that match your criteria.
• As needed
• Beverage Serving (alcoholic) (SmartServe required)
• Beverage Ticket Selling (SmartServe required)
• Bussing food tables
• General Help
• Set-up (prior to the event) or Breakdown (day after the event)
- Bread collection from Cobbs Bread on Tuesday & Thursdays at 8:00 pm
- Emptying 6 clothing bins all over Burlington during food collection routes
- Transporting food to partnering organizations for families in need when and where needed (sporadic and not daily)
- We are looking for a dedicated and reliable volunteer who feels comfortable lifting and also is able to walk back and forth to help us do recyclables, garbage etc.
2. Emptying, cleaning out and restocking the store room
3. Answering telephones/taking messages in the office
•Ability to work independently and take direction
•Dependable and committed to your scheduled shift.
•Able to lift and carry laundry, food bags etc. Able to fold laundry.
•Liaise with staff regarding what donations need to be sorted and where they should be placed.
•Sort, fold and put donated linens away. Wash when necessary.
•Sort donated food items for storage.
•Sort donated animal toys/supplies. Wash when necessary.
Those who step forward to help with gardening learn about water efficiency, and what plants are habitat or food for which wildlife and important insect species. Also, will learn what plants are invaders that overrun our local natural spaces if not kept in check through removal and replacement plantings.
The learning occurs while engaged in hands-on projects that may include getting your hands dirty while digging, planting, weeding, watering. Then, take a walk in the park and watch your work grow! The Park is a great place to meet others while enjoying the outdoors!
Replace unit batteries and personal help buttons as needed.
• Ensure the merchandise is presented in a tidy, clean and organized manner to encourage sales
• Responsible to know what merchandise is currently on the shelves
• Be able to respond to customer inquiries regarding merchandise when needed
• Assist with loading and unloading donated merchandise from/to customers’ vehicles
• Actively approach customers to help them find items they are looking for
• Be courteous, respectful and professional to both the customer and your fellow volunteers
• Train and provide support to all new volunteers as required
• Ensure work area is clean, tidy and safe at all times
• Assist in providing information on Habitat for Humanity and making referrals when appropriate
• Other duties as required.
Provide customer service
Help with general housekeeping tasks
Assist with pick ups
Repair damaged items and assembles products to sell in the ReStore
• Assist in answering phone calls
• Periodically review merchandise on shelves to further assist customer inquiries
• Be courteous, respectful and professional to both the customer and your fellow volunteers;
• Train and provide support to all new volunteers as required;
• Ensure work area is clean, tidy and safe at all times;
• Assist in providing information on Habitat for Humanity and making appropriate referrals when appropriate;
• Other duties as required.
The role of the Cashier is to provide assistance to the ReStore with front line cash operations. This support allows HFH Halton to raise funds to cover the affiliate’s operational costs and build homes in the Halton community.
Responsible to: The ReStore Staff member on duty
Screening Process: Interview + provide two References + Police Check
- To assist with answer phone, transfer calls, take messages, as well as answering door, welcoming visitors, escorting visitors to residents rooms
- Taking, coffee, tea, snacks to residents rooms
- Light housekeeping
- Offering support to residents and families
• Assist in loading the donated items into the Habitat ReStore truck