Effective April 8, 2021, the Provincial government has declared a state of emergency and issued a province-wide stay-at-home order.

Services and hours listed on this page may be impacted in response to increased restrictions. Please contact organizations and programs listed here prior to visiting in person in order to receive the most up to date information on services.

Canada. Canada Learning Bond

Contact Information
Office Phone Toll free 1-800-622-6232 (1-800-O-CANADA)
TTY Phone Toll free 1-800-926-9105
Website www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/learning-bond.html
Agency Information
Description (Agency) An agency in the 211 Eastern Region service area.
Legal Status (40) Federal Government
Description and Service Details
Description (Service) Money that the Government of Canada deposits into a Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) to help parents save for a child's education after high school. The Government can deposit up to $2,000. 
A RESP is an education savings account set up with a financial institution like a bank or a credit union, or group plan dealer. The money in the RESP will grow tax free until it can be used for expenses related to their studies in apprenticeship programs, CEGEPs, colleges, trade schools, or universities. A RESP can stay open for 35 years; this means the child can still use the Canada Learning Bond (as well as any Canada Education Savings Grant and provincial education savings incentives) in the RESP if they decide to delay their studies after high school until later in life.
Hours There are no office hours
Areas Served Canada
Eligibility Children born on or after January 1, 2004; who are residents of Canada; who have a valid Social Insurance Number; and who are from low-income families. 
Beginning July 1, 2017, eligibility is based, in part, on the number of qualified children and the adjusted income of the primary caregiver. 
Children in care, for whom a Children's Special Allowance is payable, automatically qualify for the Canada Learning Bond.
Application Individuals applying on behalf of a child must have a Social Insurance Number (SIN) for themselves and for the child and then open a Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP), through an approved RESP promoter (click here for the list of promoter). Once the application is approved, the Government of Canada will directly deposit the Canada Learning Bond into the RESP every year that the child is eligible.

Visit the website for more details.
Languages English ; French
Fees None
Site Information
Located In Community Gatineau
Address & Map
Gatineau, QC
View Google Map
Mailing Address c/o The Canada Education Savings Program, Employment and Social Development Canada 
140 promenade du Portage, Mailstop: Bag 4 
Gatineau, QC K1A 0J9
Physical Access Not Applicable
Categories and Classification
Service Categories Student Financial Aid

Any omissions are unintentional and HIP disclaims any liability for unauthorized use or reproduction of any portion of this site. For a complete copyright and license statement please refer to our Terms of Use.