If you notice an error on this page, please use the "Suggest an Update" link to let us know about it.
Translate this page?
Kidney Cancer Canada
|Toll Free Phone||1-866-598-7166|
|Located In Community||Toronto|
|Mailing Address||c/o Kidney Cancer Canada |
411 The Queensway Ave S
Keswick, ON L4P 2C0
|Wheelchair Accessibility||Unknown or Not Applicable - Accessibility varies by meeting location|
|Social Media||Facebook, Twitter, YouTube|
|Primary Contact||Catherine Madden, Executive Director; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Contact||Dale Miron, Membership Director; Email: email@example.com|
|Primary Executive||Deb Maskens, Chair; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Description||Kidney Cancer Canada is a charitable patient-led support organization established to improve the quality of life for patients and their families living with kidney cancer. They are the first Canadian-based kidney cancer support group and were formed to: |
* increase awareness about kidney cancer
* provide timely information to patients and caregivers facing a diagnosis of kidney cancer
* help patients navigate through information about their disease and the treatment options available to them
* fund much-needed kidney cancer research
Peer Support Program
* trained volunteers offer understanding, information and encouragement to patients who are newly diagnosed or facing new treatment options
* they do not offer medical advice
Patient and Caregiver Education Meetings
* meetings held in various cities across Canada
* most meetings offered via webcast and are archived on the website. High-speed internet access required.
* check website for the latest meeting locations.
* on-line members have access to the discussion forum and live chats
* receive newsletters and important updates monthly via email
* access to live webcasts and patient meeting archives
|Meeting Details||Patient information and support meetings happen in various major Canadian cities. Check the website for details and locations.|
|Languages||English ; French|
|Funding||Donations - Corporate and private|
|Service Level||(51) Registered Charity|
|Service Categories||Disease/Disability Information ~ Renal Cancer ; Health/Disability Related Support Groups ~ Renal Cancer ; Subject Specific Public Awareness/Education ~ Renal Cancer|