If you notice an error on this page, please use the "Suggest an Update" link to let us know about it.
Translate this page?
Summer Technology Camp
|Alternate Name||Digital Film-making & Animation Camp ; LEGO Robotics with NXT Mindstorm Lego kit|
|Address & Map|
Sheridan Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning (Camp location)
1430 Trafalgar Rd
Oakville, ON L6H 2L1
|Located In Community||Oakville (College Park)|
|Site Location||Trafalgar Road Campus|
|Nearest Main Intersection||Trafalgar Rd and Upper Middle Rd.|
|Mailing Address||478 Dundas St W, PO Box 30074, Dundas Neyagawa |
Oakville, ON L6H 6Y0
|Wheelchair Accessibility||Fully Accessible|
|Primary Contact||Nola Soliman, Owner/Director, Kids' Technology Camp; Email: email@example.com|
|Areas Served||Burlington ; Milton ; Mississauga ; Oakville|
|Description||* co-ed technology camp offering programs to two age groups |
* for 2013 season, we have four different programs for ages 9-14 years - July 8-Aug 16
* Digital film making * Stop motion animation * Game design * LEGO Robotics
* children are taught the latest in digital technology in week-long half day and full day camps * the 5 day camp operates both morning and afternoon * children can take more than 1 session
* Digital film making teaches all aspects of digital video production
* in Stop motion animation, animated films are created with a digital soundtrack, using a variety of tools
* in LEGO Robotics, working with NXT kits, you build a robot to execute a number of challenges that require building with Lego and computer programming
FULL DAY Advanced Film making session : August 12-16
* prerequisites include experience in writing storyboards, filming, editing as well as good collaborative skill * supervised lunch if attending full day
We also offer full day Junior Camps:
Junior Lego Robotics: ages 6-8 years - July 8-12 and August 12-16.
* learn to build and program your robot using the LEGO NXT Robotics kit
* learn about different types of motion and energy by building cars, planes and crazy contraptions with LEGO blocks as well as using other materials
* course material corresponds to the current Ontario Ministry of Education curriculum.
* all necessary equipment supplied including computers, camcorders, electronic keyboard, LEGO robotics NXT kits
|Hours||morning sessions: Mon-Fri 9 am-12 noon |
afternoon sessions: Mon-Fri 1 pm-4 pm
|Dates||2013 Season July 8-12 * July 15-19 * July 22-26 * July 29-Aug 2 * August 6-9 * August 12-16|
|Eligibility||Ages: 6 year(s) - 14 year(s) |
junior camps 6-9 yrs.
regular sessions 9-14 yrs.
* no technical prerequisites for most classes
* Advanced Film-making requires prior experience
|Application||Application can be downloaded from website. Call or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information|
|Fees||Visit website for current fees * family discounts may apply * discounts for more than 2 children attending full day sessions|
|Service Level||(60) Commercial|
|Service Categories||Day Camps ~ Youth ~ Multimedia Artists/Animators|