Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant Community Care Access Centre

Site: Burlington - Elizabeth St.

Service: Community-Based Health Care

Memos and Bulletins
Public Comments For complaints about services provided through Community Care Access Centres:  
The client's Case Manager (for home care) or Placement Coordinator (for Long-Term Care placement) is required to explain the following review procedure: 
1) client may request review by a Manager 
2) If still unresolved, client may ask for review by the CCAC Ombud  
3) if dissatisfied with the decision of the Ombud, client may appeal to the Health Services Appeal and Review Board 
This process may also be supplemented by reporting complaint to the Long-Term Care Action Line, which can listen to concerns and mediate disputes between clients and their CCAC and/or service provider, but has limited authority to make decisions on services, for more details see here
Contact Information
Office Phone 905-639-5228
Toll Free Phone 1-800-810-0000
Fax 905-639-8704
Website healthcareathome.ca/hnhb
Social Media LinkedIn LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/hnhb-ccac
YouTube YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/HNHBCCAC
Site Information
Located In Community Central Burlington
Address & Map
440 Elizabeth St, 4th Flr
Burlington, ON L7R 2M1
View Google Map
Intersection Brant St and James St
Accessibility Fully Accessible
Agency and Service Names
Alternate Name CCAC ; HNHB CCAC
Agency Information
Description (Agency) Community Care Access Centres (CCACs) are the local point of access to community-based health care services, including in-home care, admission to long-term care homes, school support services for children with health needs, and information and referral to additional support services.
Legal Status (50) Non Profit
Established 1997
Primary Executive Melody Miles, CEO
Funding Provincial - LHINs
Description and Service Details
Description (Service) CCAC's work in partnership with patients, families, care providers, hospitals, long-term care homes and others to ensure that the right care is available at the right time and place.  
Co-ordinate in-home services  
* nursing  
* personal support (bathing, dressing, etc)  
* physiotherapy  
* occupational therapy  
* speech-language therapy  
* social work 
* nutritional counseling 
* medical supplies and equipment  
Specialized Services  
May be available for:  
* acquired brain injury  
* mental health and addictions  
* convalescent care  
* Alzheimer’s disease, related dementias  
* stroke recovery  
* palliative care 
Long Term Care Homes  
CCACs arrange long term care accommodation for those who can no longer live independently 
School Health Support Services  
May be available for children with health needs that impact their ability to learn at school:  
* physiotherapy  
* occupational therapy  
* speech therapy  
* nursing 
Nursing Care Centre (for more information see separate record here
Only by appointment made through Community Care Access Centre * assists with:  
* IV therapy  
* wound care  
* rehabilitation 
Information and referral to additional support services available in the community  
* meal programs  
* homemaking  
* caregiver relief 
* transportation services  
* friendly visiting  
* supportive housing  
* adult day programs  
Also provides online access to health care information and services in Ontario online through The Healthline.ca (see here) and by phone at 310-2222 (English) or 310-2272 (French).
Hours Burlington branch office: Mon–Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm 
Telephone inquiries: Mon-Sun 8:30 am–8:30 pm, year round
Areas Served Burlington ; Burlington Branch serves the Burlington area of Halton Region * other Branch offices of Hamilton-Niagara-Haldimand-Brant CCAC are located in Hamilton, St. Catharines, Simcoe and Brantford * head office in Brantford
Eligibility People of all ages who are facing the challenges of age, illness, injury, or disability.  
* must be a resident of Ontario, have a valid Ontario health card, and be able to receive care safely at home 
* may receive care in other settings such as at school or at a community based nursing clinic 
* patients are assessed by CCAC staff using guidelines provided by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care  
School Health Support Services: 
* available province wide to children 21 years of age or younger with special needs who are registered with the Ontario Ministry of Education 
* children must have a valid Health Card and be residents of Ontario needing special health services in the school setting  
* children must attend a publicly funded or private school or receive satisfactory instruction in the home 
* additional eligibility criteria will be assessed upon initial intake
Application Call * Anyone can make a referral to a CCAC – a person requiring service, a family member, caregiver, friend, physician, or other health care professional.  
Possible reasons for referral include: 
* recent release from hospital after surgery or a serious illness  
* need for a little extra help to cope at home  
* child needing support of a health professional at home or in school  
* person who is no longer safe living alone and is ready to move into a long-term care home
Languages English ; Interpretive Services
Fees None - Covered by OHIP
Categories and Classification
Main Category Disabilities ; Health Care ; Housing / Shelter ; Older Adults
Secondary Category Community Care Access Centres ; Home Support ; Home Support Programs ; Hospice / Palliative Care ; Programs for Home Support ; Supportive Housing (Semi-Independent)
Service Categories Case/Care Management ; Home Health Care ; Long Term Care Coordination Centres ; Long Term Care Options Counselling ; Medical Social Work ; Nutrition Assessment Services ; Occupational Therapy ; Palliative Care ; Personal Care ; Physical Therapy ; Respite Care ; Speech and Language Pathology ; Student Health Programs

Agency Overview

Any omissions are unintentional and HIP disclaims any liability for unauthorized use or reproduction of any portion of this site. For a complete copyright and license statement please refer to our Terms of Use.