If you notice an error on this page, please use the "Suggest an Update" link to let us know about it.
Translate this page?
|Former Name||Kerr Street Market|
|Address & Map|
485 Kerr St
Oakville, ON L6K 3C6
View Google Map
|Located In Community||Oakville|
|Nearest Main Intersection||Kerr St and Speers Rd|
|Wheelchair Accessibility||Fully Accessible|
|Social Media||Facebook, Twitter|
|Primary Contact||Nadine/Wanda, Front Line Intake; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Contact||Lynda MacIver, Community Meal Coordinator; Email: email@example.com|
|Primary Executive||Gary O'Neill, Executive Director|
|Areas Served||Halton Region|
|Description||An umbrella organization which acts as a facilitator for programs sponsored by numerous community partners including over 45 Oakville churches from all denominations. While it operates from a Christian perspective and values, there are no restrictions or conditions in order to receive help. |
KSM provides relief to people who suffer economic, social and emotional challenges and offers a holistic approach to rebuilding lives devastated by poverty or crisis. Through the building of relationships they encourage and help those who are disadvantaged. Many of the services are provided by third parties who partner with KSM.
There is no charge for the services offered.
* food bank
* community meals Thursday
* drop-in centre
* family programs including: Monday family night * Kids and Me (mom and toddlers, preschool)
* youth programs including: computer lab/instructors for child/youth of Kerr St Ministries * after school programs for elementary, Jr and Sr high youth * evening programs for Jr and Sr high youth * summer day camp - 5-12 years; youth 12+
* licensed child care program
Contact Kerr Street Ministries or visit their website for information on all programs.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 9 am-8:30 pm * Sat 9 am-12 pm|
|Dates||* Golf Tournament June, 2012 |
* Mayor's Invitational Softball Tournament July, 2012
* 5 KSM Turkey Run October, 2012
* Christmas Wonder program December
* Community Meals program Mon (Family Dinner Night), Thu (Community Meal) Sat (Community Breakfast).
|Funding||City / Town ; Regional / Municipal ; Provincial ; Federal ; Fundraising ; Donations - corporate and individual ; Private - Churches ; Foundation|
|Service Level||(50) Non Profit ; (51) Registered Charity|
|Service Categories||Adult/Child Mentoring Programs ; Community Service Orders ; Congregate Meals/Nutrition Sites ; Day Camps ; Drop In Centres ~ Adolescents ; Extended Day Care ; Faith Based Youth Programs ; Food Banks ; General Counselling Services ; Holiday Donations|