Site: Milton - 217 Main St E
Service: North Halton Mental Health Clinic
|Record #: OAK3202||Last Full Update: 25 Sep 2015|
|Agency and Service Names|
|Alternate Name||Clinical Health Services ; NHMHC ; Public Health|
|Office Phone||Georgetown 905-693-4240;
|Toll Free Phone||1-866-442-5866 (1-866-4HALTON)|
|Crisis Phone||Emergency for mental health needs call COAST Crisis line at 1-877-825-9011 or North Halton Distress Centre at 905-8771211;
For children and youth emergency mental health needs call ROCK 24 hours crisis line at 905-878-9785
|Social Media||Facebook, RSS, Twitter|
|Primary Contact||Charlene Winger, Manager, North Halton Mental Health Clinic|
|Legal Status||(20) Regional Government|
|Primary Executive||Dr Hamidah Meghani, Medical Officer of Health|
|Alternate Executive||Matt Ruf, Interm Director, Clinical Health Services|
|Funding||Regional / Municipal ; Provincial - Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care ; MHLHIN|
|Description (Service)||Provides comprehensive community-based psychiatric services for north Halton residents aged 6 and older.
Multi-disciplinary teams provide services such as:
* rapid intake and service orientation
* assessment, diagnosis, treatment and education regarding psychiatric illnesses
* Children and Youth Psychiatric Program
Georgetown location: 280 Guelph Street E, Unit 76
Acton location: 19 Willow Street
Milton location: 217 Main Street E
Programs provided throughout Halton Region in partnership with other service providers include:
Child and Youth Psychiatry Program
* Psychiatric consultation services to family doctors for children and youth under the age of 18 who live in North Halton.
* Consultation services for their families.
* Offered in partnership with ROCK (Reach out Centre for Kids).
Phoenix Early Intervention Program
* Provides family therapy, nursing, individual counselling, psychiatry, peer support and family education for adults and youth living in North Halton.
* Clinical assessment and treatment for people experiencing, or at risk for experiencing, a first episode psychosis.
* Offered in partnership with the Phoenix Program.
* Provides clinical case management support and psychiatry for adults living in North Halton.
* Clinical support for people living with a mental illness and at risk for homelessness.
* Offered in partnership with the HOMES Program.
Concurrent Disorders Program
* Provides Health and Hope groups (10 week psycho-educational support group) for people who struggle with both a mental health issue and substance use.
* Offered in partnership with the Health and Hope Program.
|Hours||Office Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Milton office is also open Tue evening until 7:30
Early morning and evening appointments are available
|Areas Served||Halton North|
|Eligibility||Ages: 6 year(s) and up|
|Application||* Individuals seeking services are asked to first discuss their concerns with their family doctor and if a referral is required to have their doctor make the referral on their behalf
* where there is no family doctor, staff will assist someone in locating a doctor to work with
* all referrals require the expressed consent of the person being referred for service
|Languages||English ; offer some services in Spanish * work with interpreters where needed|
|Located In Community||Milton|
|Address & Map||
217 Main St E
Milton, ON L9T 1N9
View Google Map
|Intersection||Martin St and Main St E|
|Mailing Address||c/o North Halton Mental Health Clinic, Halton Region Health Department|
|Taxonomy and Classification|
|Service Categories||Community Mental Health Agencies|