Site: Milton - 185 Ontario St S - Services for Seniors - Community Support Service Office
Service: Assisted Living/Supports for Daily Living Program
|Agency and Service Names|
|Alternate Name||Supportive Housing|
|Former Name||Community Support Services (2015)|
|Office Phone||3-1-1 or 905-825-6000|
|Toll Free Phone||1-866-442-5866 (1-866-4HALTON)|
|After Hours Phone||905-825-6000|
|Social Media||Facebook, LinkedIn, RSS, Twitter|
|Primary Contact||Karen Aikman, Manager of Community Support Services; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Contact||Laurie Maratovich, Supervisor of Community Support Services; Fax: 905-878-8797; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Parent Agency Name||Halton. Social and Community Services Department|
|Legal Status||(20) Regional Government|
|Funding||Provincial - Mississauga Halton Local Health Integration Network|
|Description||Halton Region Services for Seniors offers an Assisted Living Program (Supports for Daily Living) which provide in-home or on-site personal support for daily living by qualified staff. Wellness promotion is a key component of the program. The goal is to provide support for seniors to encourage long-term, independent living in their own apartments in assisted living communities. |
The program is designed to support high risk seniors, aged 65+ who have complex needs and who are medically stable.
These services are currently available to individuals who:
* live in their own private home, or within a residential setting such as an apartment building
* demonstrate a need for daily access to personal support services throughout a 24 hour period (with or without homemaker services) on a frequent basis
* are able to direct their own care or have a substitute decision maker or a live-in caregiver to direct care
* are able to communicate their needs (with or without aides)
Professional services such as nursing are provided through the Community Care Access Centre (CCAC). The Support Services Coordinator for the Assisted Living Program and the CCAC Care Coordinator work closely together to ensure that the seniors' needs are met.
Seniors housing projects where the Assisted Living Program is available to eligible applicants:
* Bonnie Place I and II, 500 & 510 Claridge Road, Burlington
* Wellington Terrace, 410 John Street, Burlington
Supports for Daily Living Program
* operates at John R. Rhodes Senior Citizens Residence, 271 Kerr Street, in Oakville
* Halton Region provides this service to eligible residents of John R. Rhodes Seniors Residence and eligible individuals living in the surrounding Kerr Street neighbourhood
* also operates at the Bruce Apartments, 40 Ontario Street, Milton
* Halton Region provides this service to eligible residents of The Bruce Apartments and eligible individuals living in the surrounding neighbourhood
|Hours||Administration 8:30 am-4:30 pm; |
Each program site operates Mon-Sun 24 hours to provide the required services.
|Areas Served||Burlington ; Milton ; Oakville|
|Eligibility||Ages: 65 year(s) and up |
Senior residents who require some form of every day living assistance may be eligible for the program.
Applicants must be able to direct and participate in their own care * 24 hour supervision services are also available.
|Application||For housing at John R Rhodes Seniors Residence, Wellington Terrace and the Bruce Apartments call H.A.T.C.H. (Halton Access to Community Housing) at 905-825-6000 or 311; For Bonnie Place call 905-634-0046; |
For Supports for Daily Living program at John R. Rhodes Seniors Residence and The Bruce Apartments call the SDL Central Registry at 905 281-4443 or visit www.centralregistry.ca
For Assisted LIving services in Burlington call the HNHB CCAC at 310-2222.
For further information on the programs, contact Access Halton at 311.
|Fees||Service ; No fee for personal support services. There is a modest monthly charge for access to the required Emergency Response System and meal services. |
If rent for apartment unit is geared to income - application through H.A.T.C.H. (Halton Access to Coordinated Housing) at 311. * Fee assistance available.
|Site Location||Office located in Allendale (Long Term Care Home)|
|Located In Community||Milton|
|Address & Map|
185 Ontario St S
Milton, ON L9T 2M4
View Google Map
|Intersection||Ontario St S and Childs Dr|
|Accessibility||Fully Accessible - office and some accessible units|
|Taxonomy and Classification|
|Service Categories||Attendant Services for People with Physical Disabilities ; Independent Living Communities/Complexes ; Personal Care|