Site: Milton - 185 Ontario St S - Services for Seniors - Community Support Service Office
|Record #: OAK3174||Last Full Update: 25 Jan 2016|
|Office Phone||Mon-Sun 24 hours 905-825-6000 or dial 3-1-1|
|Toll Free Phone||1-866-442-5866 (1-866-4HALTON)|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/RegionofHalton
|Primary Contact||Sabeen Alam, Support Services Coordinator; Phone: 905-825-6000 ext 8098; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Site Location||Office located at the Allendale Long Term Care Home|
|Located In Community||Milton|
|Address & Map||
Community Support Service Office
185 Ontario St S
Milton, ON L9T 2M4
View Google Map
|Intersection||Ontario St S and Childs Dr|
|Accessibility||Fully Accessible - office and some accessible units|
|Agency and Service Names|
|Alternate Name||Supportive Housing|
|Former Name||Community Support Services (2015)|
|Legal Status||(20) Regional Government|
|Primary Executive||Andrea Pohl, Director, Services for Seniors; Phone: 905-825-6000 ext 7990; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Executive||Laurie Maratovich, Manager of Community Support Services; Phone: 905-825-6000 ext 8502; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Funding||Provincial - Mississauga Halton Local Health Integration Network (LHIN)|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Halton Region Services for Seniors offers an Assisted Living Program (Supports for Daily Living) which provide in-home or on-site personal support for daily living by qualified staff. Wellness promotion is a key component of the program. The goal is to provide support for seniors to encourage long-term, independent living in their own apartments in assisted living communities.
The program is designed to support high risk seniors, aged 65+ who have complex needs and who are medically stable.
These services are currently available to individuals who:
* live in their own private home, or within a residential setting such as an apartment building
* demonstrate a need for daily access to personal support services throughout a 24 hour period (with or without homemaker services) on a frequent basis
* are able to direct their own care or have a substitute decision maker or a live-in caregiver to direct care
* are able to communicate their needs (with or without aides)
Professional services such as nursing are provided through the Community Care Access Centre (CCAC). The Support Services Coordinator for the Assisted Living Program and the CCAC Care Coordinator work closely together to ensure that the seniors' needs are met.
Seniors housing projects where the Assisted Living Program is available to eligible applicants:
* Bonnie Place I and II, 500 & 510 Claridge Road, Burlington
* Wellington Terrace, 410 John Street, Burlington
Supports for Daily Living Program
* operates at John R. Rhodes Senior Citizens Residence, 271 Kerr Street, in Oakville
* Halton Region provides this service to eligible residents of John R. Rhodes Seniors Residence and eligible individuals living in the surrounding Kerr Street neighbourhood
* also operates at the Bruce Apartments, 40 Ontario Street, Milton
* Halton Region provides this service to eligible residents of The Bruce Apartments and eligible individuals living in the surrounding neighbourhood
|Hours||Administration 8:30 am-4:30 pm;
Each program site operates Mon-Sun 24 hours to provide the required services
|Areas Served||Burlington ; Milton ; Oakville|
|Eligibility||Ages: 65 year(s) and up
Senior residents who require some form of every day living assistance may be eligible for the program.
Applicants must be able to direct and participate in their own care * 24 hour supervision services are also available.
|Application||For housing at John R Rhodes Seniors Residence, Wellington Terrace and the Bruce Apartments call H.A.T.C.H. (Halton Access to Community Housing) at 905-825-6000 or 311; For Bonnie Place call 905-634-0046;
For Supports for Daily Living program at John R. Rhodes Seniors Residence and The Bruce Apartments call the SDL Central Registry at 905 281-4443 or visit www.centralregistry.ca
For Assisted LIving services in Burlington call the HNHB CCAC at 310-2222.
For further information on the programs, contact Access Halton at 311.
|Fees||Service ; No fee for personal support services. There is a modest monthly charge for access to the required Emergency Response System and meal services.
If rent for apartment unit is geared to income - application through H.A.T.C.H. (Halton Access to Coordinated Housing) at 311. * Fee assistance available.
|Categories and Classification|
|Main Category||Disabilities ; Health Care ; Older Adults|
|Secondary Category||Home Support ; Home Support Programs ; Programs for Home Support|
|Service Categories||Attendant Services for People With Disabilities ; Personal Care|