If you notice an error on this page, please use the "Suggest an Update" link to let us know about it.
Translate this page?
Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario
|Former Name||Liquor Licence Board of Ontario ; Gaming Control Commission|
|Office Phone||416-326-8700 |
|Toll Free Phone||1-800-522-2876 |
|Address & Map|
AGCO Head Office
90 Sheppard Ave E, Suite 200-300
Toronto, ON M2N 0A4
View Google Map
|Located In Community||Toronto|
|Wheelchair Accessibility||Fully Accessible|
|Description||A provincial regulatory agency that reports to the Ministry of the Attorney General, and is responsible for the administration of the following: Alcohol and Gaming Regulation and Public Protection Act, Liquor Licence Act, Gaming Control Act, Wine Content and Labelling Act, Liquor Control Act, and the Charity Lottery Licensing Order-in-Council. |
* regulates the sale, service, and consumption of beverage alcohol and ensures that casino gaming, charitable gaming and lotteries are conducted in the public interest, by people who are socially and financially responsible
* licence application forms are available on the AGCO website.
* a Special Occasion Permit (SOP) is required in order to sell or serve liquor at an event in any location other than a licensed establishment, residence or a private place
* private place is an indoor place that is not generally open to the public and is not open to the public at the time of the event
*permits are for special events, such as weddings, charitable fundraisers and receptions
There are three types of special occasions for which a permit may be issued:
* for events where only invited guests will attend
* these events cannot be advertised and there can be no intent to gain or profit from the sale of alcohol at the event
* for events that are open to the public
* public events can be advertised and allow for fundraising/profit from the sale of alcohol
Industry promotional event:
* for events held to promote a manufacturer’s product(s) through sampling
* there can be no intent to gain or profit from the sale of alcohol at the event
Special Occasion Permits are issued through LCBO stores across Ontario. Visit the website for more information.
|Hours||Office Mon-Fri 8:30 am-5 pm |
|Eligibility||Ages: 19 year(s) and up |
18 for gaming
|Application||Licence application forms are available on the AGCO website. |
A Special Occasion Permit application form can be obtained at any LCBO store or downloaded from the AGCO website. Once the application form is complete, it must be returned to the designated permit-issuing LCBO store in the municipality where the event is to take place. Please call office for a designated store near you or see the website.
Permit applications must be submitted to an LCBO SOP service store at least 30 days before the event takes place, except for Private Events which require a minimum of 10 days notice.
|Fees||Service - Fees vary - see website|
|Languages||English ; French|
|Funding||Provincial ; Fees|
|Service Level||(30) Provincial Government|
|Service Categories||Beer/Liquor Licences and Permits|