Translate this page?

Canada Revenue Agency

Canada Child Tax Benefit

[  Suggest an Update |  Suggest Volunteer Opportunity ]
Record #: OAK1357 Last Full Update: 25 Feb 2014
Record Details
Alternate NameCCTB ; Child Tax Credit ; CRA ; Family Allowance
Former NameRevenue Canada
Contact Numbers
Toll Free Phone1-800-387-1193; 
To order forms 1-800-959-2221
TTY Phone1-800-665-0354
Contact Information
Address & MapSummerside Tax Centre
275 Pope Rd, Ste 102
Summerside, PE C1N 5Z7
Located In CommunityPrince Edward Island
Wheelchair AccessibilityUnknown or Not Applicable
Social MediaTwitter Twitter, YouTube YouTube
Service Details
Areas ServedCanada
Description* a tax-free monthly payment made to eligible families to help with the cost of raising children under age 18 * issued to the child's primary caregiver * based on family income for the past year 
It may include the following monthly benefits: 
* National Child Benefit Supplement (NCBS) for low-income families with children 
* Child Disability Benefit (CDB) for qualified families caring for children with severe and prolonged mental or physical impairments 
* if applying by mail Halton residents should mail their applications to:  
Summerside Tax Centre 
102-275 Pope Road 
Summerside PE C1N 5Z7 
* online calculator is available to determine the amount of benefit to which a family is entitled 
HoursAutomated service is available Mon-Sun 24 hours;  
Telephone agents are available Monday to Friday (except holidays) from 8:15 am to 5 pm (local time) 
EligibilityAges: 17 year(s) and under 
To be eligible to receive the CCTB: 
* you have to live with the child and the child must be under 18 
* you must be the one who is primarily responsible for the care and upbringing of the child 
* be a resident of Canada 
* you or your spouse or common-law partner must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a protected person, or a temporary resident who has lived in Canada for the previous 18 months 
ApplicationApply for the CCTB as soon as possible after * your child is born * a child starts to live with you * you become a resident of Canada 
How to apply: 
* complete the RC66 - Canada Child Benefits Application  
* apply online at My Account or at Automated Benefits Application 
LanguagesEnglish ; French
Service Level(40) Federal Government
Service CategoriesCanada Child Tax Benefit Information ; Taxpayer Information Lines