Site: Scarborough - Mailing Address
Service: Canada Pension Plan
|Agency and Service Names|
|Alternate Name||CPP ; HRSDC ; ServiceCanada|
|Former Name||Income Security Programs|
|Toll Free Phone||1-800-277-9914|
|Social Media||Twitter, YouTube|
|Agency Description||A monthly payment to people who have contributed to the Canada Pension Plan, or both Canada Pension Plan and Quebec Pension Plan, and who live outside the province of Quebec and who are at least 60 years of age.|
|Legal Status||(40) Federal Government|
|Description||The recipient may choose to start the pension at one of three different times: |
* payable the month after the applicant's 65th birthday
Early retirement pension at age 60-64:
* CPP reduces your pension amount by 0.5% for each month that you take it before age 65, calculated from the time you begin receiving your pension
* starting in 2012 to 2016, this early pension reduction will gradually increase from 0.52% to 0.6% per month * this means that if you start receiving your CPP pension in 2016 at age 60, your pension amount will be 36% less than it would have been had you taken it at age 65
Late retirement pension at age 65-70:
* if you take your pension after age 65, your monthly payment amount will increase by 0.7 % for each month that you delay receiving it up to age 70 (8.4% per year)
* this means that, an individual who starts receiving their retirement pension at the age of 70 will receive 42% more than if they had taken it at 65
The pension amount is adjusted annually to reflect changes in Consumer Price Index.
See Local Service Canada Centres for information:
Burlington Service Canada Centre
Georgetown Service Canada Centre
Milton Service Canada Centre
Oakville Service Canada Centre
|Hours||Toll free number Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm |
|Areas Served||Halton Region ; Peel Region|
|Eligibility||Ages: 60 year(s) and up |
Any person who has made at least one valid contribution to the CPP and if you are at least 65 or you are between 60 and 64, and meet the earning requirements set out in the legislation.
|Application||Your retirement pension does not start automatically, you must apply for it. |
Apply about six months in advance, otherwise no later than the month you cease working. Documents required: proof of date of birth; social insurance number on which contributions were made.
You can apply online or an application form can be downloaded from the website, picked up at local area centres, or ordered by calling the 1-800 number.
Completed forms should be mailed to the nearest Service Canada Office.
|Languages||English ; French|
|Site Location||Local Service Canada centres|
|Located In Community||Greater Toronto Area|
|Mailing Address||c/o Service Canada |
PO Box 5100
Scarborough, ON M1R 5C8
|Taxonomy and Classification|
|Service Categories||Canada Pension Plan|