If you notice an error on this page, please use the "Suggest an Update" link to let us know about it.
Translate this page?
|Alternate Name||Ontario Early Years Centre ; OPCC|
|Address & Map|
461 North Service Rd W, Unit 17
Oakville, ON L6M 2V5
View Google Map
|Located In Community||Oakville (Glen Abbey)|
|Nearest Main Intersection||Fourth Line and North Service Rd W|
|Wheelchair Accessibility||Fully Accessible|
|Social Media||Facebook, Twitter|
|Primary Contact||Susan Beckett, Program Manager; Email: email@example.com|
|Primary Executive||Robin Garell, Executive Director|
|Description||The Oakville Parent-Child Centre is a place to make friends, share ideas and build confidence. The centre has activities for children to nurture their growth and development as well as information and support for parents. |
Through the Ontario government Ontario Early Years Program parents and caregivers can access a range of free services, get answers to questions, information about programs and services available for young children, and have an opportunity to talk to early years professionals and other parents and caregivers in the community.
OPCC has four locations:
North Service Road - Main
North Service Road - Satellite
Sixth Line location
Programs are also offered at five community locations.
Complete location and program details are available in the Oakville Parent-Child Centre Program Guide.
In addition to the programs offered for children and their parents or caregivers OPCC also operates:
* a gently used store at the North Service Road - Main location
* used children’s clothing newborn to size 7, toys and books and other children-related items
* donations are gratefully accepted
* Monday-Friday 8:30 am-5 pm * Saturday 9 am-12 noon
* located at the North Service Road - Main location
* membership is $40 for twelve months
* a vast variety of toys for infants, toddlers and preschoolers up to age five
* borrow one toy per child for a two-week period
* call 905-849-6366 for more information and toy library hours
* available for loan free at our North Service Road - Main location
* resources include parent education books * parenting education videos * children's books, videos and book/tapes * Dual Language Backpacks * Family Resource bags and other resource materials.
Parenting Support Service
Need someone to listen? Unsure of what to do? Our Parenting Support Service offers a helping hand in a number of ways.
* if you have parenting questions or need some immediate assistance call our PARENT HELP LINE at 905-849-6366 and staff will provide support and suggestions
* Monday to Friday 9 am-4:30 pm
* also offer individual appointments for parents of children newborn-12 years of age
* parenting concerns, which may include positive discipline, communication, separation anxiety and setting limits can be discussed
Postpartum Support Group ongoing newborn-2 years
Are you feeling sad, lonely, angry, depressed, or overwhelmed? If so, you may be experiencing postpartum mood disorder (PMD).
* come and meet other moms who are having similar experiences
* learn about PMD and what you can do to help yourself and your family
* childcare is available
* if you would like to join us, contact the Main location at 905-849-6366 for times and dates
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-5 pm * Sat 9 am-12 noon; |
contact the centre for summer hours
|Eligibility||Ages: 5 year(s) and under |
parents, caregivers and their children
|Application||call, drop in at the Centre or visit the website|
|Fees||Membership - annual membership for the Toy Library ; refer to the Program Guide for program fees where applicable, or visit the website * Fee assistance available.|
|Funding||Provincial - Ministry of Community and Social Services ; United Way - Oakville|
|Service Level||(50) Non Profit ; (51) Registered Charity|
|Service Categories||Baby Clothing ; Early Childhood Family Centres ; Parent/Child Activity Groups ; Parenting Helplines ; Thrift Shops|