Support & Housing - Halton

Site: Oakville - Cornwall Rd - Grace House

Service: Supportive Housing for Adults with Disabilities

Contact Information
Office Phone 905-845-9212
Fax 289-351-1010
Primary Contact David Klarer, Director, Mental Health Community Support Programs
Alternate Contact Joan McPhee, Senior Residential Counsellor; Email:
Site Information
Located In Community Oakville Midtown Core
Address & Map
130 Cornwall Rd
Oakville, ON L6J 7V8
View Google Map
Intersection Trafalgar Rd and Cornwall Rd
Mailing Address c/o David Klarer 
599 Chartwell Rd 
Oakville, ON L6J 4A9
Physical Access Partially Accessible - parking and main floor are accessible * wheelchair ramp
Agency and Service Names
Alternate Name Grace House ; SHH ; Support and Housing Halton
Agency Information
Legal Status (50) Non Profit
Established 1974
Primary Executive John Smith, Executive Director; Email:
Funding Provincial - Mississauga Halton LHIN ; Donations ; United Way - Halton & Hamilton
Description and Service Details
Description (Service) This transitional supportive housing program is open to any adult (18-65 years of age) with a disability (psychological, psychiatric, emotional, limited physical, addictions) who is motivated to make positive changes in his or her life.  
* provides time-limited residential accommodation in a group co-operative setting  
* program includes counseling, life skills and 24-hour supervision for up to 10 residents 
* residents work towards independent living - intended 1 year length of stay 
* must be able to participate in daily productive activities in the community
Hours Office Mon-Fri 9 am-10 pm * Residence Mon-Sun 24 hours
Areas Served Halton Region ; Preference given to those in Halton Region
Eligibility Ages: 18 year(s) - 65 year(s) 
One year intended maximum supportive residence for males or females. 
Applicants must:  
* have no recent criminal record and no history of violence or fire setting  
* be able to actively participate in day program and household responsibilities 
* not be actively using illicit drugs or abusing alcohol
Application Admission by referral only 
* referrals are accepted from community agencies, professionals, psychiatrists, and local hospitals, educational facilities, doctors, through One Link referral source (form downloadable from website)  
* telephone or personal contact must be followed by the referral in writing from appropriate social agency 
* specific application and referral forms will be forwarded once One Link referral received
Languages English
Fees Program - Room and board - on a sliding scale geared to income
Categories and Classification
Service Categories Residential Treatment Facilities

Agency Overview

Any omissions are unintentional and HIP disclaims any liability for unauthorized use or reproduction of any portion of this site. For a complete copyright and license statement please refer to our Terms of Use.