Site: Niagara Falls - Mailing Address
Service: NEXUS Program
|Record #: NIA6292||Last Full Update: 19 Sep 2017|
|Office Phone||Toll free 1-800-842-7647 Ontario and United States residents|
|Description (Agency)||A mailing address.|
|Legal Status||(40) Federal Government|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Designed to expedite the border clearance process for low-risk, pre-approved travellers into Canada and the United States.
If approved to participate in NEXUS, a membership identification card is issued to use when entering Canada or the United States at all designated NEXUS air, land and marine ports of entry.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Areas Served||Canada ; USA|
|Eligibility||Individuals may qualify to participate in NEXUS if they are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada or the United States. Effective June 30, 2012, Canadian and American citizens living outside of Canada or the United States or who have recently returned to either country and have not previously been able to meet the three year residency requirement are now eligible to apply.
Individuals may NOT qualify if one of the following applies:
* They are inadmissible to Canada or the United States under applicable immigration laws;
* They intentionally provide false or incomplete information on their application;
* They have been convicted of a serious criminal offence in any country for which they have not received a pardon (for US background checks they may be questioned about their full criminal history, including arrests and pardons, which may exclude them from NEXUS);
* They have a recorded violation of customs, immigration or agriculture law; or
* They fail to meet other requirements of NEXUS.
Both Canada and the United States must approve the application.
Children under the age of 18 require the consent of a parent or legal guardian to enrol in NEXUS.
|Application||Complete the application form online, or print it and mail it along with the processing fee.
Mail the completed form, along with photocopies of your supporting documents and the application processing fee to the following location:
Canadian Processing Centre
6080 McLeod Rd
PO Box 126
Niagara Falls ON L2E 6T1
|Languages||English ; French|
|Fees||Program ; The non-refundable application processing fee for NEXUS is $50 (Can or US) for a five-year membership. Children under the age of 18 are free. Each applicant, including children under 18, must complete a separate form.|
|Located In Community||Niagara Falls|
|Mailing Address||PO Box 126
Niagara Falls, ON L2E 6T1
|Physical Access||Not Applicable|
|Categories and Classification|
|Main Category||Government / Legal|
|Secondary Category||ID (Identification)|
|Service Categories||Border Patrol/Inspections ; Identification Cards|