|Record #: MIL0889||Last Full Update: 14 Mar 2017|
|Office Phone||Administration 905-875-2665|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/MiltonPublicLibrary
|Primary Contact||Anne O'Sullivan, Manager, Information Services; Phone: 905-875-2665 ext 3260; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Located In Community||Milton|
|Address & Map||
1010 Main St E
Milton, ON L9T 6H7
View Google Map
|Intersection||Thompson Rd N and Main St E|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Agency and Service Names|
|Description (Agency)||The Milton Public Library provides the community with materials, programs and services to support and encourage informal learning. Special emphasis is placed on providing a collection of popular materials and meeting the information needs of the public by providing a link to other sources.|
|Legal Status||(10) Local Government|
|Established||1855 - original location; 1974-2011 - 45 Bruce Street; May 2011 - present location|
|Primary Executive||Leslie Fitch, Chief Executive Officer; Phone: 905-875-2665 ext 3252; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Executive||Mark Williams, Deputy Chief Librarian; Phone: 905-875-2665 ext 3265; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Funding||City / Town ; Provincial|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Library services include:
* Information services linking a person's information need to the resources available through the library.
* Lending of books, videos and DVDs, magazines, government documents, CDs, audiobooks, large print materials, daycare kits, pedometers, and energy meters.
* Downloadable digital audiobooks and e-books.
* Online electronic databases of full-text journals.
* Programs for adults, teens, and children from age 6 months and up.
* Public computers with Internet access and office applications.
* Free wireless connectivity.
* Book Clubs for adults, teens, and children.
* Business workshops offered in partnership with the Region of Halton.
* Information on regional, provincial and federal subjects which include: health and social services, housing registries, treatment centres, and government services and programs.
* Region of Halton water testing drop-off site.
The library catalogue is available on the web. Patrons can search, place and cancel holds, renew borrowed items and view their personal accounts.
|Hours||Mon 9:30 am-5 pm * Tue-Thu 9:30 am-9 pm * Fri-Sat 9:30 am-5 pm * Sun 1 pm-5 pm *
* closed Sun in Jul and Aug
* Library Board meets on the third Wed of the month from Sep to Jun
|Application||application required for library card|
|Fees||Late fees apply.
No membership charge for people who live, work or go to school in Milton. All others are required to pay an annual non-resident fee. Free, limited reciprocal borrowing privileges are available to Hamilton and Wellington County residents.
|Categories and Classification|
|Service Categories||Public Access Computers/Tools ; Public Internet Access Sites ; Public Libraries|
|Resources||Brochures and Annual Report|