|Record #: HAM2116||Last Full Update: 24 Oct 2019|
|Memos and Bulletins|
|Public Comments||Due to COVID-19 this service/organization is experiencing closures or cancellations. Contact or visit website before visiting in person.|
|Primary Contact||Lisa Klinger, Director|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Marilyn Markow, Manager of Volunteers, Good Shepherd Centres; Phone: 905-528-6565 ext 3333; Fax: 905-528-6967|
|Legal Status||(50) Non Profit ; (51) Registered Charity|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Due to COVID-19 this service/organization is experiencing closures or cancellations. Contact or visit website before visiting in person.
Provides temporary emergency accommodation for families experiencing homelessness in the form of private, accessible self-contained units.
* Access to residential support workers, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
* Individual case management
* Assistance searching for permanent housing
* Connections to post-shelter networks
* Referrals to medical, legal and other community services
* On-site access to support services such as Ontario Works, Public Health etc.
* Specialized services for children and youth landlord/tenant issues, parenting etc.
* Assistance with transportation
* Cultural interpretation services
|Hours||Mon-Sun 24 hours|
|Areas Served||Halton Region ; Hamilton (City of)|
|Eligibility||Families in need, including all newcomer families, are eligible to access this centre.|
|Application||Contact for information|
|Languages||English ; Interpretive Services - Cultural interpretation services are provided when available in-house or through community providers|
|Located In Community||Hamilton Central|
|Address & Map||
143 Wentworth Street S
Hamilton, ON L8N 2Z1
View MapQuest Map
|Intersection||Wentworth St S and Main St E|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Categories and Classification|
|Service Categories||Case/Care Management ~ Homeless Families ; Homeless Shelter ~ Homeless Families|