If you notice an error on this page, please use the "Suggest an Update" link to let us know about it.
Translate this page?
Site: No Physical Address
Service: Healthy Smiles Ontario
|Toll Free Phone||1-866-532-3161|
|TTY Phone||416-327-4282 (Toronto only) |
|Social Media||Facebook, Twitter, YouTube|
|Agency Description||Responsible for administering the health care system and providing services to the province of Ontario.|
|Service Level||(30) Provincial Government|
|Service Description||Healthy Smiles Ontario is a program for children 17 and under who do not have access to any form of dental coverage. If eligible, children get regular dental services at no cost. |
The 36 local Public Health Units across Ontario are leading the program in communities and are working with local partners such as Community Health Centres, primary care providers, dentists, dental hygienists, hospitals, schools and universities to deliver this program.
The initiative is part of Ontario’s Poverty Reduction Strategy to support the development of healthier communities.
|Hours||8:30am - 5:00pm|
|Eligibility||Ages: 17 year(s) and under |
Eligible children must be:
* residents of Ontario
* members of a household that meet the Adjusted Family Net Income Eligibility Requirements (contact for details)
* do not have access to any form of dental coverage (including government funded programs like Ontario Works)
|Application||All Required Documents: |
* Annual Goods and Services Tax Credit Entitlement Notice OR Annual Canada child Tax Benefit and Ontario Child Benefit Notice (most recent tax year)
* Government-issued identification (valid Ontario Health Card, Passport, Certificate of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Resident Card, Canadian Immigration Identification Card, OR valid Ontario Driver’s License)
* The child's Valid Ontario Health Card
Contact your local public health unit to enroll.
Please see this website for local pubic health unit contact information.
|Languages||English ; French ; Multilingual Fact Sheets in pdf electronic format are available in English and French as well as: |
Amharic, Arabic, Chinese, Cree, Farsi, Italian, Oji-Cree, Portuguese, Punjabi, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Tagalog, Tamil, Urdu and Vietnamese.
|Located In Community||Ontario|
|Wheelchair Accessibility||Not Applicable|
|Taxonomy and Classification|
|Service Categories||Dental Hygiene ~ Low Income ; Pediatric Dentistry ~ Low Income|