IMPORTANT NOTE: Services may be impacted in response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Please contact agencies or programs listed on this page prior to visiting in person to receive up to date information on their services (eg. wait times, hours of operation etc…).

Ontario. Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing

Site: Hamilton Central - Southern Regional Office

Service: Landlord and Tenant Board (SRO)

Memos and Bulletins
Public Comments During COVID-19 Hamilton tenant by-law complaints can be submitted online.
Contact Information
Office Phone 416-645-8080
Toll Free Phone 1-888-332-3234
Fax 905-521-7870 * Toll Free 1-866-455-5255
Agency Information
Legal Status (30) Provincial Government
Established 1988
Description and Service Details
Description (Service) During COVID-19 Hamilton tenant by-law complaints can be submitted online
A social justice tribunal of Ontario that resolves disputes between residential landlords and tenants and eviction applications filed by non-profit housing co-operatives. Also provides information about rights and responsibilities of landlords and tenants under the Residential Tenancies Act.
Hours Mon-Fri 8:30 am-5 pm * Automated Service Mon-Sun 24 hours
Areas Served Brant County ; Haldimand County ; Halton Region ; Hamilton (City of) ; Niagara Region ; Norfolk County ; Six Nations of the Grand River ; Wellington County
Boundaries The City of Hamilton including Ancaster, Dundas, Flamborough, Glanbrook, Hamilton and Stoney Creek * Brant County * Haldimand County * Halton Region * Niagara Region * Norfolk County
Eligibility Landlords and tenants living in Ontario
Application In person, by mail, courier or fax (must include payment if not in person). * Some Service Ontario centres accept application in person. * Steps to apply are outlined on the website at
Languages English ; French
Fees Service - Fees vary by type of application
Site Information
Located In Community Hamilton Central
Address & Map
Ellen Fairclough Bldg
119 King St W, 6th Flr
Hamilton, ON L8P 4Y7
View Google Map
Intersection James St S and King St W
Physical Access Fully Accessible
Categories and Classification
HCSD Main Heading Government / Legal
HCSD Sub Heading Community Legal Services ; Consumer Protection / Complaints
Service Categories Eviction Prevention Legal Assistance ; Housing Complaints ; Landlord Rights Information/Counselling ; Landlord/Tenant Dispute Resolution ; Rent Control Enforcement ; Tenant Rights Information/Counselling

Agency Overview

Any omissions are unintentional and HIP disclaims any liability for unauthorized use or reproduction of any portion of this site. For a complete copyright and license statement please refer to our Terms of Use.