|Record #: BTN4953||Last Full Update: 11 Dec 2017|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/100WomenBurlington
|Primary Contact||Marion Goard, Co-Founder; Phone: (Cell) 905-330-5201|
|Located In Community||Burlington|
|Mailing Address||c/o Marion Goard
1095 Skyview Dr, Unit 19
Burlington, ON L7P 4W7
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Description (Agency)||Fundraising group that supports registered charities in the Burlington area.|
|Legal Status||(50) Non Profit|
|Established||2013 (first 100 Women Who Care group formed in Jackson, Michigan in 2006)|
|Funding||Donations - volunteer-administered, all donations are directed to selected charities|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Members agree to donate $100, four times per year, to a local charitable initiative jointly selected at each of the four quarterly meetings.
* members may also join as a team to share their contribution and charity selection vote among a group of 2, 3 or 4
* welcomes additional donations through corporate matching program.
To participate, members are asked to complete a commitment form, available on the website, committing to write a $ 100 cheque at each of the 4 quarterly meetings.
* each member or group in good standing is entitled to nominate organizations as recipients of the donation, and to one vote in selecting the charity for that meeting's donations
Members nominate organizations to receive that quarter's donation (totalling $ 10,000 from 100 women at each meeting).
* 3 of those organizations are selected at random, and the nominating members makes a brief presentation, followed by a Q&A and vote among the members
* all members make their donations to the organization receiving the majority of votes
* members receive tax receipts directly from the selected organization
|Hours||No formal office hours
Meetings: 4 times per year (see website for dates) * registration and social begins 7 pm, meeting runs 7:30 pm-8:30 pm
|Eligibility||Ages: 18 year(s) and up|
|Application||Contact for information.|
|Categories and Classification|
|Service Categories||Service Clubs|