Permits for Events, Liquor and Special Occasions

Site: Burlington

Site Information
Located In Community Burlington
Physical Access Not Applicable
Agency Information
Legal Status (10) Local Government
Funding City / Town
Description and Service Details
Description (Service) This topic record gives an overview of how to apply for various licences and permits, including liquor permits, licences for fundraising events and outdoor event permits. 
Permits and Licences issued by City of Burlington: (see website here): 
* Building permits 
* Burn permits  
* Business licences  
* Charitable Lottery licences (raffles, bingo, break-open tickets, bazaars, etc.), for details see here
* Dog licences  
* Group homes  
* Liquor licences (licensed establishments only, for Special Occasion Liquor Permits, see below)  
* Marriage licences  
* Pool permits 
* Road and transportation permits  
* Sign permits  
* Site Alteration permits 
* Tag Day permits 
Special Occasion Liquor Permits  
Special Occasion Permits (SOPs) are issued through certain LCBO stores across Ontario on behalf of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario  
* to find a store that issues Special Occasion Permits, use LCBO Store Search here (select location and 'Special Occasion Permits' ) 
* for more information on the Alcohol and Gaming Commission, see separate record here  
For outdoor events using City streets, sidewalks, parks or facilities (walks, runs, gatherings, rallies, marches, demonstrations, protests, etc.): 
* Follow City of Burlington Festivals and Events Planning information here
Hours Contact applicable organization for information.
Areas Served Burlington
Eligibility No restrictions
Application Contact for information.
Languages English
Fees Service - for some (varies by permit).
Categories and Classification
Service Categories Beer/Liquor Licences and Permits ; Charitable Gambling Permits ; Street/Sidewalk Use Permits

Agency Overview

Any omissions are unintentional and HIP disclaims any liability for unauthorized use or reproduction of any portion of this site. For a complete copyright and license statement please refer to our Terms of Use.