Doors Open Burlington
Site: Mailing Address
|Record #: BTN4807||Last Full Update: 10 May 2016|
|Office Phone||Museums of Burlington 905-332-9888 * 905-634-3556|
|Social Media||Twitter: twitter.com/DOBurlington|
|Primary Contact||Barbara Teatero, Chair, Museums of Burlington; Email: Barbara.Teatero@burlington.ca|
|Alternate Contact||Robin Hill, Volunteer Program Administrator, Museums of Burlington; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Susan Kun, Volunteer Programmer; Email: email@example.com|
|Located In Community||Burlington|
|Mailing Address||c/o Ireland House Museum
2168 Guelph Line
Burlington, ON L7P 5A8
|Physical Access||Unknown ; For accessibility information at each site - see www.doburlington.com|
|Description (Agency)||Annual event that allows members of the public to visit, free of charge, places not normally open to the general public, or for which an admission fee is usually charged * part of Doors Open Ontario, which takes place in locations across Ontario between April and October every year (for more information see here)|
|Legal Status||(10) Local Government ; (50) Non Profit|
|Funding||Donations - sponsorships|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Annual event that allows members of the public to visit, free of charge, places not normally open to the general public, or for which an admission fee is usually charged.
* Doors Open Burlington is led by the Museums of Burlington in partnership with the City of Burlington, with support from the Ontario Heritage Trust.
* part of Doors Open Ontario, which takes place in locations across Ontario between April and October every year (for more information see here)
In 2016: Sat October 1, 10 am-4 pm
* 12 sites located in the downtown and waterfront areas of the City that make Burlington a culturally vibrant place to live, work and visit.
* admission to all Doors Open events and sites are free
* no tickets or reservations are required
* for featured sites, see www.doburlington.com
* Doors Open is part of the greater Culture Days celebrations (in 2016, Culture Days celebrations take place September 30 to October 2).
Doors Open events cannot happen without the help of volunteers, and offers an opportunity to learn about Burlington’s history and heritage and have some fun in the process.
* invites community-minded individuals, secondary school students completing their community hours, college and university students, retirees, heritage enthusiasts, community groups and anyone else who is interested in helping out with this exciting community event
Volunteers needed for
* pre-event preparation (packing site boxes including tally sheets, pamphlets, posters, signs, etc.) approximately 2 weeks prior to event date
* volunteering on the event date to welcome visitors to the site, record the number of visitors, direct and converse with visitors about the site and Doors Open, distribute site information (where applicable), assist with opening/closing of the site (put up signage, pamphlets, etc.)
* for more information, volunteer application form and orientation meeting dates, see www.doburlington.com
|Hours||No regular office hours|
|Application||Contact for information.|
|Categories and Classification|
|Service Categories||Special Events ; Tourism Development|