Site: Burlington. Waterfront
|Record #: BTN4703||Last Full Update: 20 May 2016|
|Office Phone||For events, call City of Burlington Events Hotline 905-335-7766.
Ice conditions hotline for Rotary Centennial Pond (December-March): 905-634-7263.
|Toll Free Phone||1-877-213-3609 City of Burlington|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/City-of-Burlington-Ontario/150936111608539
|Located In Community||Central Burlington|
|Address & Map||
1400 Lakeshore Rd
Burlington, ON L7S 1Y2
View Google Map
|Intersection||Brant St and Lakeshore Rd|
|Mailing Address||c/o City of Burlington - Parks & Rec Dept
426 Brant St
Burlington, ON L7R 3Z6
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Agency and Service Names|
|Alternate Name||Beachway Park ; Brant St Pier ; Discovery Landing ; Rotary Centennial Pond / Skating Rink|
|Legal Status||(10) Local Government|
|Funding||City / Town|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Downtown waterfront incorporating parks, beaches, and other features.
Beach Water Quality Conditions
Halton Region shows beach water quality conditions for Beachway Park and Brant St Beach online and can answer inquiries by phone at 905-825-6000.
Brant Street Pier:
137 metre long open concrete pedestrian pier with lighted beacon
* pedestrian walkway has lighting and benches
* raised lookout level reached by circular staircase
* several accessibility features including ramp to the beach with handrail and guard (suitable for mobility devices and strollers).
For more information see City of Burlington website here.
Spencer Smith Park, 1400 Lakeshore Rd.
Discovery Landing (open daily):
* enclosed building offers storm and weather-watching views and information area, observatory with view of the waterfront * includes two private restaurants (Spencer's at the Waterfront and The Bite cafe)
* rental available for meetings and social functions
Rotary Centennial Pond/Skating Rink:
* in spring, summer and fall is a reflective pool suitable for model sail boating.
* from Dec-Mar (weather permitting) offers free outdoor ice-skating for all ages on artificial ice, ice conditions hotline 905-634-7263.
* during ice season is open for skating daily 10 am-10 pm (10 am-8 pm Dec 24, closed Dec 25)
* organized sports such as hockey, and private skate functions not permitted
* skate rental available on certain days, see here
Dofasco Waterjet Plaza and Playground:
* playground open daily all year
* 30-waterjet plaza open daily from Victoria Day weekend to Thanksgiving Monday, 10 am-10 pm, suitable for children's play, lit during evening.
Beachway Park, 1100 Lakeshore Rd.
Sand beach with washrooms, community changeroom, outdoor showers, bike racks, playground and concession stand.
Limited metered parking at waterfront lots east and west of Discovery Landing: 9 am-6 pm, including holidays, 3-hour maximum
* additional hourly and all day paid parking available across Lakeshore Road at Brock Street and the Art Gallery of Burlington lots, and at The Waterfront parking garage, 414 Locust St
Burlington's 23km trail is part of the Ontario Waterfront Trail and Greenway, for more information see separate record here.
|Hours||Vary by facility, see above.|
|Application||Application not required.|
|Fees||None ; Fees for parking, concession and restaurants.|
|Categories and Classification|
|Service Categories||Ice Skating ; Public Parks|