Memos and Bulletins
Public Comments For how to get tax forms, see Application field below. 
As Apr 30, 2017 is a Sunday, Canada Revenue Agency has announced deadline as May 1, 2017 (for more details see here)
Contact Information
Site Information
Located In Community Burlington
Physical Access Unknown - may vary by location, call hosting organization to inquire
Agency Information
Legal Status (40) Federal Government
Description and Service Details
Description (Service) YEAR-ROUND FREE ASSISTANCE:  
1. Canada Revenue Agency can provide some help and answer questions by phone, Toll-free 1-800-959-8281  
2. Nael Mohamed-Hasen, I-Match Smart Consulting Services (ISCS), 647-779-8031 or email * provides year-round help for those who meet the CRA low-income qualifications (see 'Eligibility' below) * by appointment only, Saturdays and Sundays 1 pm-6 pm, downtown Burlington * prior and current year returns * Arabic and English * wheelchair accessible  
3. Links2Care (Georgetown office) provides year-round tax filing assistance for people with low income * can backfile returns for up to 10 years (paper filing, rather than electronic) * contact Brenda at Links2Care 1-866-920-6502 x 23 * do not need to be existing Links2Care client or live in Georgetown, but the service is available only at the Georgetown office 
Tax filing online 
Only CRA-certified software may be used, see list here 
* some may allow free use by those with lower net incomes, students and/or first-time tax filers  
* some may allow you to file for previous years 
Important notes 
* tax clinic gives you a 1-page summary while you are there, which you should keep (no 'full return' can be printed) 
* after CRA reviews your return, it will mail you a Notice of Assessment which you should keep 
* tax clinic cannot access your information after return is filed, for all tax problems call Canada Revenue Agency 1-800-959-8281 
* If you lose your 1-page summary and need proof of income, you may be able to use Notice of Assessment (Note: for housing applications HATCH actually prefers the Notice of Assessment, and will also accept applications with NO documentation, if proof of income is provided later) 
If your lose your Notice of Assessment, you can get a replacement by: 
* calling Canada Revenue Agency 1-800-959-8281 (takes about 2 weeks)  
* going online to My Account to view and print notices of assessment and reassessment that were issued after February 9, 2015 and view and print detailed summaries of notices of assessment or reassessment issued between 2004 and February 9, 2015  
* using the mobile application MyCRA to view notices of assessment and reassessment for the current year and up to three prior years (only those processed after February 9, 2015 are available for viewing here)
Hours Call for information
Dates Volunteer Clinics: March and April
Areas Served Burlington
Eligibility For people with modest income and simple tax situation only, low income guidelines may change each year  
* in general, low income guidelines are about $30,000 for individuals, $40,000 for couples, and varying levels for families, based on number of children 
* for more information see here, or call Canada Revenue Agency 1-800-959-8281 
Clinics do not complete returns for tax situations involving any of the following: 
* deceased persons 
* bankruptcy 
* self-employment 
* capital gains/losses 
* employment expenses 
* business or rental income and expenses
Application What to bring to tax clinics: 
* all tax forms, last year's Notice of Assessment from Canada Revenue Agency, rent/property tax receipts, and medical receipts if over 3% of income 
To volunteer as an individual see here, for community organizations offering space see here
Languages English
Fees None
Categories and Classification
Service Categories Tax Preparation Assistance

Agency Overview

Any omissions are unintentional and HIP disclaims any liability for unauthorized use or reproduction of any portion of this site. For a complete copyright and license statement please refer to our Terms of Use.