Map and Aerial Photo Sources
|Record #: BTN2597||Last Full Update: 16 Dec 2014|
|Located In Community||Ontario|
|Accessibility||Unknown - accessibility varies by location|
|Legal Status||(60) Commercial|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||This topic record describes where to purchase or view various types of maps and aerial photos.
1. National Air Photo Library, Toll Free: 1-800-230-6275 * Fax: 1-800-661-6277 * Email firstname.lastname@example.org * website
2. Archives of Ontario Forest Resource Inventory, Toll Free 1-800-668-9933 * Emailreference@ontario.ca * website * black and white aerial photos.
Cycling and Trail Maps:
1. City of Burlington Transit, Trails and Tourism map * available at Burlington Central Library and other locations.
2. Cycling in Halton Map * available in print or online (see here) * printed copies available at Burlington Public Library or from Halton Region Tel 905-825-6000, Toll Free 1-866-442-5866.
3. Bruce Trail Maps, Apps and Printed Guides are available from Bruce Trail Conservancy (for more information, see here)
4. Ontario Trails Map are available from Ontario Trails Council, for more information see here
* available from Don't Get Lost (formerly Golden Horseshoe Orienteering Club), for more information see separate record here
Lloyd Reeds Map Collection, McMaster University
Tel 905-525-9140 ext 24745, open to the public Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm
* collection has more than 130,000 paper maps, 18,000 air photos and 3,000 atlases, as well as thousands of historical maps, many of which have been digitized and made available online in order to support research worldwide
* for more details see here
Ontario Topographical Maps:
* Topographical maps of selected Ontario Regions are available for reference at Burlington Central Library, 2331 New St, Burlington, ON L7R 1J4 (Information services, 2nd Floor), Tel: 905-639-3611 ext 1222
Index of Burlington topographical maps is on the side of the maps cabinet. For Ontario maps, use index maps in top drawer to identify which map is needed.
* To purchase topographical maps, see information from Natural Resources Canada: How to Obtain a Topographic Map? here.
Geological and Mining Maps:
Ontario Ministry of Northern Development and Mines
Toll Free: 1-888-415-9845 * Fax 705-670-5818 * website
* downloadable geological and mining claim maps
* historical mining claim maps
* printed maps also available
Hydrographic and Marine Navigational Charts
Canadian Hydrographic Service
Toll Free 1-866-546-3613 * Email: email@example.com * website
* to purchase, see Find a Dealer link here
Some companies that sell maps are listed under "Maps" in the Yellow Pages of the phone book.
|Hours||Vary by program.|
|Areas Served||Canada ; Not Limited|
|Application||Contact individual organizations for information.|
|Fees||Service - for some, varies by service|
|Categories and Classification|