Map and Aerial Photo Sources
|Record #: BTN2597||Last Full Update: 02 Sep 2016|
|Located In Community||Ontario|
|Accessibility||Unknown - accessibility varies by location|
|Legal Status||(60) Commercial|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||This topic record describes where to purchase or view various types of maps and aerial photos.
1. National Air Photo Library (Ottawa)
Hours: Mon-Fri 1 pm-4 pm
Toll Free: 1-800-230-6275 * Fax: 1-800-661-6277 * Email: NRCan.napl-pna.RNCan@canada.ca * website
2. Archives of Ontario Forest Resource Inventory (Toronto)
Black and white aerial forest photos
Toll Free 1-800-668-9933 * Email: firstname.lastname@example.org * website
Cycling and Trail Maps:
1. City of Burlington Transit, Trails and Tourism map
* available at Burlington Central Library and other locations
* also available online here.
2. Cycling in Halton Map
* range of Halton cycling maps is available from Halton Region, to view or order online, see here, to order by phone call 905-825-6000, Toll Free 1-866-442-5866.
* printed copies of Cycling in Halton Map available at Burlington Central Library .
3. Bruce Trail Maps, Apps and Printed Guides are available from Bruce Trail Conservancy (for more information, see here)
4. Ontario Trails Map are available from Ontario Trails Council, for more information see here
* available from Don't Get Lost (formerly Golden Horseshoe Orienteering Club), for more information see separate record here
Lloyd Reeds Map Collection, McMaster University
Collection has more than 130,000 paper maps, 18,000 air photos and 3,000 atlases, as well as thousands of historical maps, many of which have been digitized and made available online in order to support research worldwide.
Open to the public Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm
Tel 905-525-9140 ext 24745 * Email: email@example.com * website
Ontario Topographical Maps:
1. Burlington Central Library (2nd floor), 2331 New St, Burlington, ON L7R 1J4
Topographical maps of selected Ontario Regions are available for reference
* index of Burlington topographical maps is on the side of the maps cabinet.
* for Ontario maps, use index maps in top drawer to identify which detail map is needed.
Tel: 905-639-3611 ext 1222
2. To purchase topographical maps, see information from Natural Resources Canada: How to Obtain a Topographic Map? here.
Geological and Mining Maps:
Ontario Ministry of Northern Development and Mines
* downloadable geological and mining claim maps
* historical mining claim maps
* printed maps also available
Toll Free: 1-888-415-9845 * Fax 705-670-5818 * website
Hydrographic and Marine Navigational Charts
Canadian Hydrographic Service
Produces paper and digital charts and navigational products.
Toll Free 1-866-546-3613 * Email: firstname.lastname@example.org * website * to purchase, see Locate a Dealer link here
Some companies that sell maps are listed under "Maps" in the Yellow Pages of the phone book.
|Hours||Vary by program.|
|Areas Served||Canada ; Not Limited|
|Application||Contact individual organizations for information.|
|Fees||Service - for some, varies by service|
|Categories and Classification|