Contact Information
Site Information
Located In Community Burlington
Physical Access Not Applicable
Agency Information
Legal Status (30) Provincial Government ; (40) Federal Government
Description and Service Details
Description (Service) This topic record describes how to replace documents when wallet is lost or stolen. 
* your bank(s) or financial institution(s) and report your missing bank and/or credit cards 
* the Customer Service or Credit Department (of that retail company) if you have lost a retail credit card or any other credit card (it may also be advisable to order a credit check six months later to ensure no new accounts have been opened) 
If you suspect any fraudulent use of your personal information, such as your credit cards, contact your local police services. 
If you are unable to provide any proofs of identity or guarantor as shown below for replacement of documents: 
You can establish your identity for replacement of documents by swearing an affadavit before  
* a notary public 
* free public Commissioner of Oaths service at Centre for Skills Development and Training, for more information see here 
* Commissioner of Oaths at Burlington City Hall, Clerks Dept, 905-335-7600 ext 7803 (fee, available during selected hours only, for details see here)  
It may be useful to bring anything which shows your name, address etc (such as a piece of mail or utility bill) 
To replace driver's licence 
* Take proof of identification with name, date of birth and signature to a ServiceOntario centre (in Burlington, these are at 3455 Fairview St and 1250 Brant St.)  
* you will receive a temporary licence to use until permanent one is mailed  
* fee applies 
To replace birth certificate 
* If born in Ontario, replacing birth certificate does not require showing any identification, but application requires the name of guarantor who has known you for at least two years and is a member of one of certain professions, for details on guarantors, see here  
* Birth certificate can then be used for replacing other documents 
* Apply online (see here) or with printed form (see here). 
* If born outside Ontario, contact that province or country to replace your birth certificate 
To replace health card 
Report lost card to the Ministry of Health INFOline (8:30 am-5 pm) 1-800-664-8988  
* To replace photo health card that is not expired and where no information shown on the card has changed, this call will start the replacement process 
* For red and white health cards, expired photo health cards and photo health cards on which information has changed, bring three original documents from required documents list to a ServiceOntario Centre (in Burlington, these are at 3455 Fairview St and 1250 Brant St.) 
Documents list  
To replace Social Insurance Number (SIN) card 
* Plastic SIN cards are no longer issued, instead, you will receive a letter confirming your Social Insurance Number 
* Requires primary document that proves your identity and status in Canada 
* If the name on your primary document is different from the name you currently use, a supporting document is also required  
* Take required documentation originals only, no photocopies in person to Service Canada Centre (Burlington Centre is at 676 Appleby Line)  
* if everything is in order, SIN number/confirmation will be issued during your visit: 
* Individuals who are unable to go in person to a Service Canada Centre or live 100 km or more from the nearest Service Canada Centre may be able to apply by mail, for details see here  
Accepted primary and supporting documents
To replace Ontario Photo Card  
* Complete the Ontario Photo Card application form (also available at ServiceOntario Centres) and bring with required documents to a ServiceOntario Centre (in Burlington, these are at 3455 Fairview St. and 1250 Brant St  
* fee applies 
Application form  
Required documents
Hours Vary by program.
Areas Served Burlington
Eligibility No restrictions
Application Varies by program.
Languages English
Fees Service - for some, varies by service
Categories and Classification
Service Categories Birth Certificates

Agency Overview

Any omissions are unintentional and HIP disclaims any liability for unauthorized use or reproduction of any portion of this site. For a complete copyright and license statement please refer to our Terms of Use.