Service: Handi-Van (Para-Transit)
|Record #: BTN0989||Last Full Update: 03 Feb 2016|
|After Hours Phone||Pager 905-528-6774 #96787|
|Primary Contact||Cathy Osgood, Dispatcher/Scheduler|
|Alternate Contact||Kathy Baijan, Dispatcher/Scheduler|
|Located In Community||Burlington|
|Address & Map||
3332 Harvester Rd
Burlington, ON L7N 3M8
View Google Map
|Intersection||Walkers Line and Harvester Rd|
|Agency and Service Names|
|Alternate Name||Handivan (Para-Transit)|
|Legal Status||(10) Local Government|
|Primary Executive||Mike Spicer, Director of Transit|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||A specialized service operated by Burlington Transit for those unable to use conventional transit service due to their physical functional mobility, who have been approved as users of the service.
* Connects to Hamilton DARTS at Joseph Brant Hospital (for more information on DARTS see separate record here)
* Connects to Oakville Care-A-Van at Lakeshore Place Retirement Home, Lakeshore Rd and Hampton Heath (for more information on Care-A-Van see separate record here).
* Fares are the same as for regular Burlington Transit, see here.
Note: Each municipality's para-transit bookings are separate, contact each of the services directly to arrange a trip across borders.
|Hours||Office Mon-Fri 8 am- 5 pm
Service Mon-Fri 5 am-1 am * Sat 7 am-1 am * Sun 7 am-9 pm
|Areas Served||Burlington - with connections to Hamilton DARTS and Oakville Care-A-Van|
|Eligibility||Those unable to use conventional transit service due to their physical functional mobility, who have been approved as users of the service.|
|Application||There is a single application process for Para-Transit services in Burlington, Oakville and Milton (applications for all 3 are processed by Oakville Transit) * you may apply for each of these communities with one application form by selecting the service provider(s) you require
1. Application form is available:
* at downtown Transit Terminal, 430 John St
* at Transit Administration Office, 3332 Harvester Rd
* by calling Handi-van at 905-639-5158 or BusLINE 905-639-0550 to have one mailed to you
* online using auto-fill form and printing online form
2. Application forms must be completed and signed by you and your health care professional (completion of the application form does not guarantee eligibility).
3. Return completed form to:
Para-Transit Application Office
c/o Oakville Transit
1225 Trafalgar Road
Oakville, ON L6H 0H3
4. Applications will be reviewed within 14 calendar days from date of receipt of a fully completed application form.
If approved, eligibility will be granted on an unconditional, conditional or temporary basis * once approved, you will be contacted by mail and assigned a registration number.
|Fees||Service - same as fares on regular transit ; For fares, see here|
|Categories and Classification|
|Main Category||Disabilities ; Older Adults ; Transportation|
|Secondary Category||Disability Transportation ; Public Transportation ; Transportation for Older Adults ; Transportation for People with Disabilities|
|Service Categories||Disability Related Transportation ; Local Bus Services|