Site: Burlington - John St - Downtown Bus Terminal
|Record #: BTN0325||Last Full Update: 13 Feb 2015|
|Memos and Bulletins|
|Public Comments||Subsidy of 50% for monthly bus passes may be available to low-income high school students, adults and seniors through SPLIT (Subsidized Passes for Low Income Transit) program, for more information see separate record here.
Connections to other communities:
To confirm and for details, contact Burlington Transit 905-639-0550 * Hamilton Street Railway (HSR) 905-527-4441 * Oakville Transit 905-815-2020
1) Burlington Transit Routes 1 (Plains) and 101 (Plains Express) run between Burlington GO station and York & Bay in downtown Hamilton, for route maps and schedules see Route 1/1X here and Route 101 here.
2) HSR Route 11 Parkdale runs between Burlington Downtown Transit Terminal and Valley Park Community Centre in east Hamilton, for route map and schedule see here.
1) Transfers may be made between Burlington Transit Route 20A/20B (for route map and schedule see here) and Oakville Transit Route 14 Lakeshore West along Burloak Dr between Lakeshore Rd and New St. (for route map and schedule see here).
2) Transfers may be made at RioCan Centre (Wyecroft Rd) between Burlington Transit Routes 81 and 83 (for route map and schedule see here and scroll down) and Oakville Transit Route 32 (for route map and schedule see here).
No Burlington Transit connection * HSR Route 18 bus (for route map and schedule see here) runs between Aldershot GO/VIA station and Waterdown, along Hwy 5/Dundas St, Hwy 6, Parkside Dr. and Evans Rd).
|Office Phone||905-639-0550 Customer Service
|Description (Agency)||Burlington Transit operates Burlington buses and Handi-Van para-transit service|
|Legal Status||(10) Local Government|
|Primary Executive||Mike Spicer, Director of Transit|
|Funding||City / Town ; Fees|
|Description (Service)||Burlington Transit operates:
* Burlington buses
* Handi-Van para-transit service (for more information see separate record here).
Route maps and schedules: See here.
Fares: See here.
|Hours||Customer Service by phone 905-639-0550 and Customer Service Centre, 430 John St: Mon-Fri 7 am-7 pm * Sat 9 am-1 pm, 2 pm-6 pm * closed Sun and holidays
Transit service hours: See website for regular and holiday hours
|Areas Served||Burlington ; Hamilton - connections (downtown) ; Oakville - connections|
|Fees||Service - cash fare, tickets, monthly pass cards and Presto smart cards, see website or phone for details|
|Located In Community||Burlington (Central)|
|Address & Map||
Downtown Bus Terminal
430 John St
Burlington, ON L7R 2K5
View Google Map
|Intersection||Brant St and James St|
|Mailing Address||c/o Administration Offices
3332 Harvester Rd
Burlington, ON L7N 3M8
|Taxonomy and Classification|
|Service Categories||Local Bus Services ; Local Transit Passes|